More Help Needed for H-Pipe Install

miksax

Jul 5, 2005
Hey guys-
I finally got my MAC H-Pipe in. I jacked the car up to see what I have to do and I noticed a small pipe that connects the two pipes before (closer to the rear of the engine)the actual "H" portion. This appears to be welded in, and my new pipe provides no provisions for this. I looked in the book and found that this is the Thermactor air tubing that has something to do with the smog pump. I do not have vehicle emissions testing where I live if this helps. I would really like to do this job myself because it seems fairly straight-forward after I get around this smog thing. Thanks for your help.

Mike

• Sponsors (?)

:stupid:

OR...You can bend the tube together and weld the hole shut since you dont have to worry about emissions. However, if you want to sell the car and you think an out of state buyer might look at it, it may be better just to plug the hole like that guy said

Instead of bending and welding just take the whole thermactor system off along with the smog pump. Either get a smaller fan belt to bypass the pump or get a smog delete pulley. Also, you will need two thermactor plugs for the back of the heads. Trickflow makes these. If you order from Summit make sure you order two. They do NOT come in pairs
http://store.summitracing.com/defau...earchinresults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp