More pics of the MRT Interceptor.

• Sponsors (?)

i guess its just me, but it looks squirly and cheap

i dont know, but maybe im just old,, it looks awful,,, overdone, and cheap like those cheap hondas done up that i see,,, certainly not a north american muscle car look,,,, when something is overdone like that it just makes it look cheesy

alan64 said:
i dont know, but maybe im just old,, it looks awful,,, overdone, and cheap like those cheap hondas done up that i see,,, certainly not a north american muscle car look,,,, when something is overdone like that it just makes it look cheesy
Are we looking at the same car?
I can see saying that about all the other aftermarket versions we've seen, but this is the closest any of them come to the "North American muscle car look."
Just goes to show we all have different taste.
Out of curiosity, what do you think of the Roush car?

stang, i think the rousch car is just about the worst,,, it looks very bad,,,, my favorite car was the 65 to 67 shelby's with the stripes..... i used to love the blue with the white stripes...... i absolutely love the ford gt,, and im thinking maybe i just might pop for one,,, i like the red with the white stripes on the car.

alan64 said:
....i absolutely love the ford gt,, and im thinking maybe i just might pop for one,,, i like the red with the white stripes on the car.

You and Jay Leno both. Did you see that was the color combo that he got? That is one incredible car - I wish I had the means to acquire one for myself. I would have to get red also, but without the stripes. Not a stripe guy.

94whitesnake said:
THANK YOU. Somebody sees the inspiration here.

I love it. Always like "road warrior" themed cars. Although I'd put some different wheels on and slam it an inch or two, but it sounds like that's already planned.

Must be a lot of folks unfamiliar with Mad Max 1&2, cuz that is obviously what the MRT stang is based on. I mean, Max's car was called the Interceptor in the movie! Can it get any more direct that that? Well, the looks sure help too:

interceptors.jpg

And I'm assuming the blue lights in the MRT car are another nod to the MFP Interceptor: the police light.

Im000716.jpg

I dont know, i like the whole blacked out deal, but some stuff seems overdone. As far as side mirrors go, I am suprised noone has come out with some of the old retro-style chrome round side mirrors for the S197's. Im not sure if they would look great or not until i saw some on one of the cars, but it would go with the whole throwback to the 60's and 70's thing... :shrug: