more power for na 99 cobra

er22bball0302

Oct 23, 2005
el reno, ok
im looking for some input as to some mods that would give me a good gain without going for nitrous or a blower
i have a 99 cobra
suspension-ford c-springs,solid axle,granatelli motorsports upper/lower control arms,rear shock towerbace,strut tower brace,17x9 and 18x10.5 03 cobra wheels
engine-new engine .040 over,stock internls,jlt cai,diablo predator,slp ltheaders,slp x-pipe, slp lm2, 4.30's, posi,bbk throttle body

whats left , heads? cams? a good tune?

• Sponsors (?)

P&P heads and intake, FR500 or custom grind cams. Have a custom tune done by someone knowledgeable with the predator software. I would like to know how you got a STB on with your JLT cai (pics would be nice). When you say stock internals you wouldn't be talking about the rotating assembly would you(pistons,rods)?

i didnt think about the clearance when i bought the strut tower bar until i went to put it on..but me and a friend cut, modified, and rewelded the thing to fit.. i honestly dont know if the bar has lost any stiffness or helps after we messed with it..? just a dumb mistake for me...yea i was thinking about some of patriot performances heads but i dont really have any knowledge about heads as far as who makes reLIABLE parts.... yea i as stock internals i meant stock pistons rods and a steel crank..

In reference to another post I made to you...

er22bball0302 said:
im looking for some input as to some mods that would give me a good gain without going for nitrous or a blower
i have a 99 cobra
suspension-ford c-springs,solid axle,granatelli motorsports upper/lower control arms,rear shock towerbace,strut tower brace,17x9 and 18x10.5 03 cobra wheels
engine-new engine .040 over,stock internls,jlt cai,diablo predator,slp ltheaders,slp x-pipe, slp lm2, 4.30's, posi,bbk throttle body

whats left , heads? cams? a good tune?

I replied to your inquiry about the 99 recall in another post. I see here you mention that you have a "new engine". If your motor was replaced after mid 1999 with another "stock" engine or other aftermarket supplier like SHM, the intake would have been addressed already. Setup a dyno, I'd like to know what you are putting down. If you crave more power, the FR500 heads, cams and lifters kits will produce about 60 more horse (I think, check FRPP) but set you back about $3000 for the parts. A blower would net way more power and cost less in the long run.

If you have a 4V cobra why wouldn't you want to put a blower on it. It's a no brainer. No offense but it would be cheaper than to rip further into the motor than you already have.

by new engine i meant long block the intake was swaped over as was the valve covers... i did some comparisions and i do think that as yall said a blower would be more cost effective as far as power for the money... what does everybody think about kenne bell for a blower nothing extreme, i dont want to risk motor( stock internals/ rotating assembly)

I supercharged my Cobra just before knowing anything about the 03-04 Cobras. I used a vortec. I wished I would have went with a Kenne Bell. I have watched so many videos on the internet and I just can't get over the instant power they have not to mention the insane blower whine they give off. I love that!