Motor mount question

rdksek844

Founding Member
Aug 30, 2001
Port St. Lucie, FL
I currently have solid motor mounts and was pondering swapping back to stock for 93 which i have heard are the best. Does anyone know if there is an easy way of swapping out the mounts without completely pulling the motor out? Any input would be a great help. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I just did this. Jack up car, put on stands, Support rear end if on a hoist to prevent car from flipping backward. Support engine with jack using 2X4 under front part of oil pan. Remove three bolts from each mount, remove h-pipe bolts from headers. Jack up motor watching for pinch points and R and R mounts. Fairly easy. couple of hours with hoist and air tools...

rdksek844 said:
Did you have to disconnect any a/c lines or vacuum hoses? I'm mainly concerned about not having enough clearence with the a/c hoses and upper intake.

Nope. If you have a strut tower brace, I'd pull that as well, but I didn't have to pull anything from the top of the engine. PS I always pull the negative side of the battery when I do any major work on my car...

Do a search using 'motor mounts', I've seen a long-winded write-up about the procedure. Good luck!

Any one else?