mr gasket eliminater 4 speed shifter

back in the 60 and 70 I have a few mustangs, all with toploaders, i have a mr gasket eliminater shifter, still in the box, shrink wrapped to cradbroad, i see mr gasket no longer makes the nice shifter like this any longer, I knew mr gasket was a good shifter, its heavy built, i have it up for sale, the guys that have called about it, wanted to give me $100 bucks.
i laughed at him, told him no. i cant find anything about the shifters, plenty of info on hurst.
question, hurstband mr gasket, were they not built at the same plant, and really the same shifters?

• Sponsors (?)

At one time Mr Gasket and Hurst were rivals, and Hurst was clearly superior. Later, when things were not going so well, Mr Gasket was able to acquire Hurst.

Your problem here is there is no demand. I pulled my Ford shifter for a Hurst years ago, drove that for a long time. Then I got curious, and tried using a properly rebuilt and set up Ford shifter, and developed a new respect for the OEM unit. The main problem is people beat them to death, then put in a Hurst, and exclaim "wow, so much better". Duh. What happened to me was the opposite, took out a beat to death Hurst (over 200,000 miles) and put in a factory-fresh Ford.

Your Mr Gasket is worth whatever prospective buyers offer. The only people who'd buy it, though, are looking for nostalgia. Pretty small niche.