MRT Hood Strut Group Purchase

2000 4.6

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2001
Northern VA
**I have permission from Stangnet** :SNSign:

I have spoken to Mustang Racing Technologies and they are willing to do a group purchase on their hood strut kits if anyone is interested. They have kits for the 2005+ and the 99-04's. If you are interested, please let me know. Obviously, the more people we get, the better the deal. Right now they are giving us 5% off plus a discount on shipping from their Michigan location.

Here is the link to their kits... http://www.mrt-direct.com/2005/Pages/hoodprop.php. Their kits are a direct bolt on and require no drilling or riveting. They are estimated to take about 15-20 minutes to install.

Email me at if you are interested in I will give you instructions on how to order.

2000 4.6

• Sponsors (?)

the ones from MRT have different brackets...look at the link above, and then look at my install here:

tallywood_008.jpg

with the redline, you have to rivet the bracket to your hood.....it sounds worse than it is..not hard at all to install!

Attachments

• tallywood_008.jpg
    tallywood_008.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 99
Okay, I just spoke to MRT today and they are now offering 10% off. :nice:

We need to get 15 confirmed orders though before we can get the discount. Email me if you are interested and I will give you the details.

I went with the MRT's myself because they mount farther back than the Redline's which I feel looks better. Plus since my hood is composite I didn't want to drill holes and pop rivet a bracket because it could lead to strees cracks. The MRT's are a true 15 minute bolt-on mod.

U.M.

MRT1.jpg

MRT2.jpg

Attachments

• MRT1.jpg
    MRT1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 84
  • MRT2.jpg
    MRT2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 119
4u2nv said:
What is the warranty on these? They're gas-charged and sealed, I assume, so I want to know what life I can expect.

I think they come with a one year warranty. I think they estimate life expectancy on struts to be well over 5 years. I have a 2001 Toyota Sequoia that has the struts on the 100+lb tailgate and they are still going strong.

You can always get replacements at an autoparts store (for cheap) or through MRT.

Good news...we met our goal and the kits are being shipped out. Anyone else calling from here on out will automatically get the 10% discount on the hood struts through this gp. So if you are interested, email me at and I will give you the ordering details.

I have attached a pic of my kit installed. The kit is very nice and very high quality.

Attachments

• hood strut 76.JPG
    hood strut 76.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 117