msd dizzy install questions

lickem

Sep 11, 2005
lake elsinore ca
alright so ive got some questions about this msd dizzy i just got. im really hoping that im just tired and im not thinking clearly cause this doesnt make any since to me right now.

i did some searchs and this is the link that i found that im bouncing my questions against so maybe you guys can help me out with it...
http://*******.com/index.php/topic,7114.0.html

Dizzy_Diagram_FO_CAP.jpg

this is the directions that they are saying the clips should face. mine arent even close to that, is this just dependant upon the model of distributor that it is?? also see where the alignment tab is for the cap, basicly right over the top of the tfi module. mine is no where close to this, mine is actually at roughly 3 oclock compared to where the distributor would roughly sit once mounted.

Dist_index_OK2.jpg

this is the picture of the direction inwhich the button will face when dropped in perfectly. the green line is dead on, the red line is 1 tooth off.

View attachment 245314
ok now here is my distributor with me holding it roughly where it would be if it were in the engine. see where the clips are at as well as the caps alignment tab for the cap.

View attachment 245315
this is a side picture of where the previous owner of the dizzy marked #1. now here is where it gets confusing... if i were to hold the dizzy in roughly the same way that it would be in the motor than where #1 is marked is roughly 9 oclock. was the previous owner completely retarded and marked the wrong spot or am i missing something here??

View attachment 245316
this is a #1 thats stamped inside of the dizzy. no clue if this means anything at all but im using it for a reference in another picture.

View attachment 245317
this is the direction that the button would face if it were pointed at that 1 thats stamped in the dizzy in the above picture.

View attachment 245318
me holding the distributor as it would sit in the engine with the lines faced exactly like they are in the reference picture if it were dead on accurate.

View attachment 245319
the direction of the button if it were dead on accurate as it is in the reference picture. so if this is absoultely correct in how the dist should be when its in the engine and accurate then why did the previous owner mark #1 at 9 oclock which is basicly where the screw is on the left hand side.

someone please tell me im looking way too hard at this and the previous owner just marked the wrong #1 location.

• Sponsors (?)