Muffler Question

FiveLtrRiceEatr

Oct 2, 2004
Michigan
Ok heres the deal, right now I have Dyno Max Super Turbo muffs, they are decent but they arent that loud, and kinda docile. Heres the deal, I want something louder and deeper but I dont want crazy drone that'll make my car shake like a mofo.

basically something loud when I punch it and pretty tame when I'm cruising, any mufflers you guys know of that fulfill this?

• Sponsors (?)

Loud AND no drone huh? Really want your cake and eat it too? First off, if you're running dumps, you're gonna get drone with just about anything you bolt up. Second, you're gonna have to sacrifice some drone for some loud if that's what you want...it's almost unavoidable. The only thing i've found that really reduces drone is actually full length headers and tail pipes.

85_SS_302_Coupe said:
Loud AND no drone huh? Really want your cake and eat it too? First off, if you're running dumps, you're gonna get drone with just about anything you bolt up. Second, you're gonna have to sacrifice some drone for some loud if that's what you want...it's almost unavoidable. The only thing i've found that really reduces drone is actually full length headers and tail pipes.

I'm going to run tail pipes and I already have a long tubes and O/R h pipe. I can understand a little drone, but I dont want my whole car shaking.

jaidedeye said:
dynomax race bullets....i have them, hardly any drone but healthy sounding.....and CHEAP!!!!! chambered muff will always give you drone.....thats why i hate them

hmm it kinda concerns me because they are called race bullets, I dont want it to idle like a race car and cruise like one, I just want it to be loud when i punch, but from what your saying they seem to do that, if I run tail pipes?

stang2841 said:
Hooker Maxflows... look into them..

have a sound clip or do you have them yourself?

thanks for answering my questions guys! its greatly appricated :nice:

I might be interested in trading you my 2 chamber flows for your super turbos. It's too loud for me :(. It does have some drone but with an H or X (i have straight duals) It would probably be alot less drone. The sound at WOT is awesome, but quite a bit too much volume for me. Let me know what you think. Otherwise i will be ordering some super turbo's and listing these 2 chambers in the classifieds. They are in great condition, very little use on them. I'll check the part number tonight. I can't remember if they're delta 40's or original 40's. By the sound of them i'd say original 40's. Too loud to be the delta's.

J.

88SC_GT said:
how are the superturbo's at idle and normal operating rpm range?

i have 2 chambers also and im looking to go quieter.

I just went from 2 Chamber Dronemasters to the Super Turbo's. Cut loudness by about 25% and the same with the drone. I love the sound and it's a much better quality sound than the Dronemaster mufflers.

Ford_Racing said:
I just went from 2 Chamber Dronemasters to the Super Turbo's. Cut loudness by about 25% and the same with the drone. I love the sound and it's a much better quality sound than the Dronemaster mufflers.
I went to the Super Turbos as well from 2 chambers. It was quieter and I don't have a problem with drone anymore. I have a VRS X-pipe and stock headers with 2 1/4" Mandrel Bent Dynomax tails.(yes 2 1/4 " not 2 1/2").

I also picked up 3 to 4 RWHP throughout the RPM range.

I was just looking to quiet things up the HP was just a bonus. :nice:

maybe its just me or who knows what. i dont have any drone with my 2 chambers?

anyways, dynomax superturbo's are a nice drop in loudness? 25% is about perfect over a 2 chamber. i want a nice sound at idle so my cam is definately noticable, and decent sound cruising but not too loud.

how are dyno max ultra flows? are they similar to race bullets because I did some research and the race bullets are for RACE CARS, but many of you use them. the ultra flows are for street cars?

my friend also recommeded magnapacks are those like glasspacks, because glass packs sounds like shyt after awhile...

sorry to hijack a bit, but i think it is pertinant. with the bullets, do you guys do the install yourselves? what do you do to get around the stock pipes' offset? TIA. :)