Mustangs in Germany?

My friends in Austria say the same thing. They see pictures of me cruising up the coast in the sunshine and they just turn green.
But then I see them hiking in the Alps and visiting castles 1000's of years old and going 250km/h on the Autobahn and I turn green... :)

• Sponsors (?)

There are plenty of importers of the Mustang here in the UK and in other European countries. They all have to pass a single vehicle type approval test to bring them in line with European lighting regulations but as a single import, they oftendon't have to comply with every safety regulation as the FMVSS certification is taken to meet equivalent European specifications.

The lights on the GT500 were aftermarket units and are red stripe outer (light/brake) middle white (reversing light/orange indicator bulb) and inner red (high intensity fog light). Most people tend to put an orange bulb in the reversing light and hang an extra reverser underneath, along with a fog light because you then get to keep the "3 bars lit" appearance instead of a single bar.
moddedrear01.jpg

As you can see here, mine has LEDs mounted on the stock lights and a fog light slung underneath:
2177534_108_full.jpg

where can I get those rear lights?
I've been looking for them since I saw the gt500 on topgear.
anyone know?

Its because there's no competition there .....

Dealer territories are massive and they are exclusive. :bs:

Worse still is the price fixing, with institutionalized collusion on pricing across all brands.
Its all stacked up against the consumer to keep the price of driving a new car very HIGH.

Just be glad that you live in the good ol' USA :flag:

it's only illegal in the USA (if you get caught that is). Even our neighbors to the north in Canada have no collusion laws.

Being associated with the military, I ordered a GT in 2010 from the PX. A lot of the military and military associates have stangs. However there were some bad ass 2005-2007 GTS with the Mustang Club de France's Champagne-Ardennes chapter. In any case the Germans always want to put their cars against yours on the autobahn.
I really dont regret buying the GT here because you can open it up on the right stretch of autobahn when the traffic is down and there is no posted speed limit.
For as popular as the Stangs are I don't know why Ford doesn't sell them here. I heard in 2013 GM is going to offer the Camaro.