Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

• Sponsors (?)

diesel fuel and check the bearings
Thanks bro I did check the main bearings and they're OK.

So I removed the oil pan over the weekend and I snapped off two oil pan bolts. I soaked them in PB blaster and added some heat and was able to remove one with a pair of Vice Grips since the bolt sheared off above the block. The other one wont budge. I welded a nut to the sheared bolt and it sheared the bolt off flush with the block. This dang bolt is a PITA. I'm just going to drill it out and do a thread insert.

My question is, what is the thread pitch for the smaller 10mm oil pan bolts? I think it's 1/4-20, can you guys confirm or correct me on this please? I'm wanting to order a thread repair kit today while I'm at work. I tried threading my oil pan bolt in a 1/4-20 hole at the auto parts store and it wouldn't go in. Please advise!

Thanks!

@jrichker

Last edited:
A little update: The little guy now has a big Brother :D
IMG_1372.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
Well I'm out on both of the 42# injectors now. I sent a payment for the green top Bosch injectors and the guy went to box them up and drop one of them and broke the plastic connector off of it.

Anybody have a clean set of 42# injectors?
I also need a 90mm Accufab throttle body
please PM me if you have some you want to get rid of.

Last edited:
Well I'm out on both of the 42# injectors now. I sent a payment for the green top Bosch injectors and the guy went to box them up and drop one of them and broke the plastic connector off of it.

Anybody have a clean set of 42# injectors?
I also need a 90mm Accufab throttle body
please PM me if you have some you want to get rid of.
If you plan on running low boost on this blower then I suggest a smaller TB..... like a 75mm.

Why? you ask, we'll the throttle will be very touchy with the 90mm. A 75mm will be much smoother and will support the 10 psi you are looking for.

But I have been wrong before, just going on what I have read.

If you plan on running low boost on this blower then I suggest a smaller TB..... like a 75mm.

Why? you ask, we'll the throttle will be very touchy with the 90mm. A 75mm will be much smoother and will support the 10 psi you are looking for.

But I have been wrong before, just going on what I have read.
What kind of boost justifies the 90mm TB? Like 14+ psi?

I've heard people say the more cool air you can cram into these twin screws the better the ACT's will be. So if there is a trade off with TB size I may lean to whatever gets me the cooler ACT. I am new to boost so I'm open to criticism about this. There is a lot of info out there to digest so I hope my logic is correct.

Reactions: 1 user
Positive displacement blowers like to have the clearest inlet tract that you can give it. With the Flowzilla inlet, you might see 1-2 lbs of difference in boost between a 75mm throttle body and a 90mm throttle body on two identical engines that are both equally capable using all the air pushed to it.

I think the 90mm MAF is a great idea. I'm not as certain of the benefits of a 90mm over a 75mm in this application. If you already have a good 75mm TB, I would use it and argue the benefits of a larger one at a later date.

I saw 3 lbs of difference between the Blowzilla and Flowzilla inlets with no other changes, using a 75mm TB and LMAF.

Maybe some of that will help.

Reactions: 3 users
Positive displacement blowers like to have the clearest inlet tract that you can give it. With the Flowzilla inlet, you might see 1-2 lbs of difference in boost between a 75mm throttle body and a 90mm throttle body on two identical engines that are both equally capable using all the air pushed to it.

I think the 90mm MAF is a great idea. I'm not as certain of the benefits of a 90mm over a 75mm in this application. If you already have a good 75mm TB, I would use it and argue the benefits of a larger one at a later date.

I saw 3 lbs of difference between the Blowzilla and Flowzilla inlets with no other changes, using a 75mm TB and LMAF.

Maybe some of that will help.
There will be no MAF, I'm speed density. Maybe you meant to say TB? I only have a 70mm TB at the moment and I will not install that on this Flowzilla. So I'm in the market to buy a TB so I'm leaning toward the 90mm. I've seen the same results going from a 75mm to 90mm TB and it netted more boost and cooler air charge temps which helps produce power too. I hope it doesn't effect idle too much by going big on the TB. I have a 3.5" Anderson power pipe that'll go to a big K&N filter inside the fender.

There will be no MAF, I'm speed density. Maybe you meant to say TB? I only have a 70mm TB at the moment and I will not install that on this Flowzilla. So I'm in the market to buy a TB so I'm leaning toward the 90mm. I've seen the same results going from a 75mm to 90mm TB and it netted more boost and cooler air charge temps which helps produce power too. I hope it doesn't effect idle too much by going big on the TB. I have a 3.5" Anderson power pipe that'll go to a big K&N filter inside the fender.

If you have to buy it anyway, I might buy the same one you are. I'd be a little on the fence and possibly compromise with an 80mm, particularly since your Power Pipe is barely 90mm itself. Tough call and there's definitely some validity to the throttle response topic mentioned earlier.

Either way, some time will need to be spent with the tune on part power/driveability.