My unfortunate dealings with Tulley, BMW dealership in Nashua

JSTaGT

Jul 5, 2003
Methuen
Just sharing as I know a lot of us have 2nd, 3rd, 4th vehicles other than ords

Below is a letter to Tulley of Nashua I just sent to them. Honestly I have never had a dealership do this to me, but I guess there is always a first.

This was going to be a cash deal... (trade owned outright and cash)

"To who it may concern, (Brian Tulley)

I will not do business with you. In fact, I guarantee you that I will tell all the people I know as well as post on all the automotive forums (stangnet.com, neboc.org, modularfords.com) I visit providing the details regarding the lousy experience my wife and I had with your outfit today.

What happened today?, My wife and I visited Tulley of Nashua today looking for a new 06 X3. You had the exact model she was looking for. After the typical back and fourth between all parties (sales manager, sales associate, customer), Frank (sales) had gotten a final number from the sales manager and it was a number I agreed with, we shook hands, started writing up the paperwork, then mid stream they/you changed the number on us! We had a agreement!

Needless to say with this type of treatment, my wife and I walked out.

Normally I would not even respond to this, however we are very disappointed as to how we were treated. Many car dealerships have a stigmatisim associated with them about dirty sales tactics.... You lived up to it.

Regards,"

• Sponsors (?)

Well, some dealerships do live up to the rap. I worked in a Mazda VW for over 10 years and seen it happen many times.
but on a side note I don't know how far you are from Albany NY area, but I bought my 325CI from Capital Cities BMW in Glenmont. Fair and honest. I've(my wife realy) has had the car for 2 years and they pick it up for oil changes, always wash it and always leave a loaner. I highly recomend them. we were looking at the X5's a few months back and they brought one to my wife and let her keep it for the weekend to see if it was realy what she wanted. All around, sales service, parts excellent people. And not just cause I'm in the business(was) I've seen them treat every one that way!

Were they aware that it was going to be a cash deal before you guys agreed on a price? The only reason I ask is one of the dirty ways dealers make money on a car is overselling interest rates, the way this works is lets say you qualify for 5 percent finacing they will tell you you got approved for 7 percent and somehow they get a kickback from the bank for overselling the interest rate.. This is a extremely dirty practice. In fact the dealer I work for and will stay unnamed will not do a cash deal, it limits the amount they can steal.

What could have happend is they went under the price they needed to sell the car to make a profit or a decent profit so they might have been counting on making money on the financing end of the deal.. So then they find out there is no finacing and now the "deal" they made with you is now not acceptable for them.

You really need to be carefull when buying a car I am glad you walked out on this deal..