Need a Tune?

tomdalrymple

Nov 14, 2009
I've just finished a build with the folowing: 91 engine and computer, T5, E cam, 1.7 rockers, 19 lb injectors, 9.5 comp, ported aluminum heads and intake, BBK 70mm throttle body, egr plate, and MAF, 2.5" exhaust with Borla pro xs mufflers. I kept all the emissions except I did remove the air pump. I'm waiting on suspension parts so I can't drive the car yet.
Thia is my first EFI build, and wondering if the computer will be able compensate for the above, or should I plan on needing a tune. I have a Lambda A/F gauge available (lots of work borrowing it from another car but doable if necessary)
Initially my big concern is to just to have the engine run without destroying itself. I Down the road as funds become available I'll be changing injectors and doing some dyno work.

• Sponsors (?)

Don't really think what you did to the car will throw it off by much. You didn't really effect anything in terms of what your car uses to calculate functions. You still have the stock injectors and maf so the tables aren't affected, if anything the car might run a tab bit lean but nothing in the danger zone. Down the road with the injectors depending on how extreme you go and what else you do might require some tuning.