Need Advice.....

Ok, so i was looking for a new beater to drive this winter when i came across a 2003 mach 1. So right now I drive a 2004 Comp. Orange Gt with around 14,500 miles (little less than that just giving a ball-park figure). So they want $22,900 for the mach and it has almost 20k miles on it. So my question is, should i give up mine for the mach. The only problem that i have is that i still owe $25K for mine(had still owed $5K on my previous car but i had to get rid of it, it was a cavalier for god sakes) So if I talk them to $19K-$20K out the door for the mach they will still have to add about $10-$11K on to get mine paid off. The only reason that i would even be thinking of doing this is because it is a Mach 1. So am I stupid for even thinking of doing this????

Ohh here is mine:
005_5.jpg

Here is the Mach 1:
photo300-

Attachments

• 005_5.jpg
    005_5.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Sponsors (?)

OrangeStang04 said:
Ok, so i was looking for a new beater to drive this winter when i came across a 2003 mach 1. So right now I drive a 2004 Comp. Orange Gt with around 14,500 miles (little less than that just giving a ball-park figure). So they want $22,900 for the mach and it has almost 20k miles on it. So my question is, should i give up mine for the mach. The only problem that i have is that i still owe $25K for mine(had still owed $5K on my previous car but i had to get rid of it, it was a cavalier for god sakes) So if I talk them to $19K-$20K out the door for the mach they will still have to add about $10-$11K on to get mine paid off. The only reason that i would even be thinking of doing this is because it is a Mach 1. So am I stupid for even thinking of doing this????

Ohh here is mine:
005_5.jpg

Here is the Mach 1:
photo300-

you would be in upsidedown hell if you do it.

Attachments

• 005_5.jpg
    005_5.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 47
OrangeStang04 said:
Yeah Again I screwed up posting this in tech...should have been in Talk, chalk it up to a noobie mistake....but i think i am definatly keeping the GT cause they only wanted to give me $10K for mine....****ing dealerships

told you. keep the GT. if you want 4 valve heads that bad you can swap them. it is a pain in the ass. but a 4 valve swap onto a 2 valve block is possible.

You're too upside down really...

Although GT's are a dime a dozen and Mach 1's will be collectors items, not to mention their prices will start to sky rocket.

If I could afford it, I'd get the Mach. Mach 1's makes GT's feel like cheap pieces of crap.

Having a Mach1 myself, I first felt like saying go for it, but considering your situation, it's best to wait. I waited until my 99 GT was close to pay off (positive equity), then got the Mach1 I always wanted. These things are beasts! Give it time, pay down your loan, add extra to your monthly payment or refinance for a better interest rate, then you'll find a Mach1. :nice:

'04 is the only year for the comp. orange,i would keep it.You never know :shrug: ... could be worth something down the road just for the colour only being available for '04.Just a thought. :D
Mach's are sweet,don't get me wrong,but it's sweeter to build a strong runnin' GT.
Besides,your gonna lose in the end in $$$$'s :notnice: .
I often thought the same way as you are know,but about the '04 Cobra last year,then decided against it for the simple reason of remebering on why i wanted a GT,because of the '01 Bullitt.I loved how simple it looked.Clean is what comes to mind.So i made me a plan,and so far so good.Once it is payed off,i have bigger plans.......for under the hood :D .Then all will be good.
Good things come to those that are patient. :nice:

Good luck on your choice.Just do what you feel is right...for you. :cheers:

Never trade when you are upside down on your car. The deficit carrys over and just makes you more upside down on the next. Make double payments until you are no longer upside down, there will be another Mach.

slow96mustang said:
hey where do you race at?

Milan&Lapeer. M-59, Mound, Gratiot or where ever someone feels Froggy! :D

I havn't been out yet this year. Still waiting for M/T to start producing more ET Street DR's so I can get some damn traction. I talked to a guy this morning and he thinks he has a pair for me. :shrug:

How about you?

ive considered this route several times, only im only 4 grand tipped, and I want an 03 cobra..

after looking at the cost to get into something else, i could mod the **** out of my GT and make it 10x what a cobra is.

You owe $24K on an '04 GT? :nonono:

You need to make exrta principle payments every month. Cars are already a bad investment, carrying over being backwards on one to another is never a good idea. I know it is the american way, but I would never buy a car if I could not put a substantial amount down.