Need Help From Fellow 5.0 Friends!

92GTVert_

Feb 2, 2016
hey guys new to this forums thing but I really need help with my 92 Mustang GT I just purchased, the car runs and drives but it isn't at full power. when it starts it idles fine but with a little pressure on the pedal right when it starts to go over 1k rpms it gets a heavy rattle and engine shake, has a MSD distributor that the old owner out on, he said he messed with the timing and also the harmonic balancer shakes crazy too. Basically stock car, stock headers and dumps (which I hope to replace) but please need help guys ! Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

sounds like you need to get a new harmonic balancer in there right away before you granade that engine, if it already hasn't been. Running with a bad HB will cause the described vibrations due to the imbalance created, and can ruin all sorts of hings like your crank bearings especially. Stop running/driving it until this is fixed!!

Great help thank you! Yeah I'm going to just sit it for a while I'm doing a full redo on the interior and body paint and such, and I'll pull he motor out and work on it while I progress with the visuals. Thanks for the help I'll start there is it okay to keep you updated with the progress and more tips? Anyways thanks again! :cheers: