Need Help ! Trick flow top end kit problems

• Sponsors (?)

I have mine going to the performance shop in my area I give up with it. I am sure when its fixed if ever ? I will regret saying this but that top end kit from trick flow could be laid out alot better with instructions and they should test it more before selling it as a kit I only went with it thinking it was a perfect match of parts that would all work well together.

I just hope this place I am bringing it to actually fixes it and doesn't charge me for nothing I will for sure post results asap of what was done and the overall running condition

I don't think it is a 'kit' problem. Either it is the calibration of maf too injector or something was not installed properly, whether it be a connection or vacuum leak.

So far all they found was the gaskets for the headers that came with the kit are leaking pretty good so they are going to put some better ones on there and bolt em back on will keep everyone else posted on futher findings

someone asked what MAF i have.... all i did was the mass air conversion... i was running stock maf and stock injectors. granted it was a brand new stock maf but i figured i may be choking it by using all that so tonight i will be putting on new injectors maf fpr and fp but it looks like that wont fix it, but hey i needed it done anyway. I also looked at the vaccuum leak posibility. i looked around with a can of starter fluid to no avail but maybe he might find one then i will look some more.

Well got the car back today I guess it wasn't as bad as I taught.

1. The bucking under 2 thousand rpms is really just from the cam from spinning to low and its very very minor, After 2 grand its fine just wasn't use to driving it between 2 thousand and 3 thousand when it was stock I would keep it between 1,300 and 2,000 for normal driving

2.The starting issues is ok now when you start the car just have to allow a few seconds for the computer to make adjustments and it will idle out around 850

3. The fuel pressure drop isn't big enough to lean out the car and is probaly just the fuel pressure regulator not doing its job so I will change that out.
(any one know a good adjustable regulator I can use that won't require a spacer between my upper and lower trick flow intake ?)

Things they did repaired the header gaskets with new one and adjusted the idle and tps voltage to .96

Overall the car is fine know once you understand that once you put a whole top end kit on your car it will not drive like it will off the showroom floor.

if you go with the 1 inch spacer you ll need a raised hood too. even with my 3/8 inch spacer, my TB put a little pop knot on my hood when i closed it. So now Ill need a raised hood. WIth a 1 inch, the hood wont even close

Dammmm I got the same pop up on my hood even worse the hood dug a mark into my brand new intake from trick flow. I am using the 1 inch spacer my hood does close.

Thanks arty from trick flow tech support who assured me long as I remove my hood insert it would clear no problem I should of not taken his word on that and checked myself I would just prefer to get a smaller adjustable fpr and not use a spacer at all.

Also anyone else with these rockers out there mine are making clicking and taking sounds while I drive and at idle. it gets louder as the oil heats up when car is cold cant really hear them. The performance shop just said all performance rockers sound like that its so so so so annoying

can anyone out the give me any ides should i get thicker oil adjust them or buy different oes and if so what kind ?

also got a pmas 75mm mass air coming form anderson tomorrow see if that helps my idle and overal running condition

Dammmm I got the same pop up on my hood even worse the hood dug a mark into my brand new intake from trick flow. I am using the 1 inch spacer my hood does close.

Thanks arty from trick flow tech support who assured me long as I remove my hood insert it would clear no problem I should of not taken his word on that and checked myself I would just prefer to get a smaller adjustable fpr and not use a spacer at all.

Also anyone else with these rockers out there mine are making clicking and taking sounds while I drive and at idle. it gets louder as the oil heats up when car is cold cant really hear them. The performance shop just said all performance rockers sound like that its so so so so annoying

can anyone out the give me any ides should i get thicker oil adjust them or buy different oes and if so what kind ?

also got a pmas 75mm mass air coming form anderson tomorrow see if that helps my idle and overal running condition

It must be my TB then. I have the PP 70mm. So you got a dent too huh? Its the oil vent tube on top of the tb that did mine.

Yes that is the same exact place it came from the tb. I can't wait to find an fpr that fits without any spacer I know there is one out there

hey shortthrow how do you rockers sound ? do you have the trick flow ones are they loud

yeah i have the same ones and the same kit.
Did you adjust them according to the instructions? Im gonna tell you how i adjusted mine. It works all the time. Some people say to do them differently but i did them Just as the directions say. start at number 1 cylinder and go through fire order. on the cylinder your working on, make sure u are at top dead center ( both intake and exhaust valves will be closed., tighten screw until "very slight" resistance (zero lash). turn 1/2 more turn with wrnech and tighten down. Do both valves before turning cran a quarter turn to do next set in firing orderIf you have a noisy rocker, you may not have tightened it enough. You can find which one doing it and go back and give another slight turn on nut. Describe to me how you adjusted yours. We can work from there

Using only half turn, i did not have to go back and readjust.

Well I actually didn't do it I just wacthed my buddy but I know he set them at zero lash then went 3/4 of a turn then tightened down a screw on the top of the rocker Does that sound about right ?

ya know i was figuring that it must be the new set up just runs that way big cam turning slow kinda thing... i've had it for a year now so i just teach myself to stay out of partial throttle at that RPM but it still sux. But comforting to know that i didn't mess up my car.

Hey stangjunkie,

I didn't give up just yet I still think that there is a fix I got some more time and money to throw at it like I said tonight I am putting on a new 75mm pmas from anderson and a new filter I have hopes this might help