need help

• Sponsors (?)

Your 60' is bad, but a bad 60' will not cause an 80mph trap speed. That's horrible.

With that ET and trap speed, your car is putting down about 150 rear wheel horsepower. You've got something majorly wrong dude.
Suggestions:

1. Check the compression on all of your cylinders. Your motor may be in need of a rebuild.

If you have good compression:

2. Check your fuel pressure. You may have a fuel system problem. Stock pressure should be at least 35+ PSI.

3. Check your timing. Stock timing is 10* advanced.

4.You tried cleaning your MAF. Now try changing it.

Good luck.

95mustang_gt said:
Your very slow ending trap MPH indicates you engines horsepower. There is a formula for this all you need is your cars weight. Your 1/4 time is just a traction variable. Since your numbers are well below an average time for AUTOMAIC GT Convertible which should be in the mid to low 15's and a trap speed of 91-94 mph I say your engine is not running at 100%. To get good times at the launch since yours is automatic you need to do a brake torque before the light turns green. Sometimes an automatice will shift too early or way to late. Where is the automatic shifting at?

those times are real bad, your bogging down in the last 1/ 8th. 60' isnt the best but its not the worst on street tires and a stock mustang(practice your launch) ..Maybe your misfiring and its killing you up top..Maybe your track was going uphill on a mountain

95mustang_gt said:
i think around 2500-3000 rpms.
If you're saying that when you are at WOT and your car is shifting at 2500-3000 rpm's, that is definitely a problem. A BIG ONE! Maybe you are saying under normal driving it shifts at those rpm's, but at WOT my automatic shifts at about 5200-5300 or so, never coming close to red line, but it's definitely not 3000! BTW... I found out how slow my auto was when I went to the track, I saw a best of around 2.4 60' times, with absolutely no traction problems. I have never ran the 1/4, only an 1/8th. My best 1/8th was a 10.042 with the mods in my sig., so I am hoping to turn mid 9's in the 1/8th and low 14's in the 1/4 when I get my gears in and get a tune up! Not too fast yet, but that's the beauty of modifications! Good luck on getting that thing running better.

illwood said:
I don't know that I completely agree with the 14's. I was at the track friday with my stock (for all intensive purposes) '94 GT and got a best of a 15.1 sec. run.

Agree with illwood. I could never break 15 seconds on a bone stock SN95 engine and street tires. I make no claim that I have a good 60' time. On stock tires I am "eating a ham sandwich on the line". The only way I can see 14's would be on slicks or DOTs with aftermarket exhaust on an 86GT with a shortened belt bypassing A/C and PS because that is the only time I have ever seen it. Very hard to get a decent 60' time on stock tires. Believe me, I have been trying. I do not want to run slicks until I know I have a rear that can hold up.

I agree with the other posts. Your initial launch looks alright for street tires with some traction issues off the line. Just like me, but your top end (a.k.a horsepower) seems skewed. In fact, way off.

The one question that nobody seems to be asking (unless I missed it):

How many miles on your engine???

94mustang I was talking about normal shifts, but at WOT it shifts a lil over 5000rpms.

I have 105565 miles on my mustang right now.

Well the tires I have are the firestone wide oval, are those good tires? I just got them.

One mistake I did make was not launching my car, at that time at the track I didn’t know I could launch a automatic.

It was my very first time at the track and had about 3/4 of gas in my car not knowing that I should have 1/4 of gas.could the the gas affect a lil or a lot.

Did you see what I posted? Changing the way you drive at the track or having less gas in the tank is NOT going to make up the 13-14mph you are missing. Your engine is not making even close to the amount of power it should.

well I took the my car to advance auto and they couldn’t read my codes.

where could I get a code scanner that will work on my car?

another thing is that I saw a compressor there for $30 is that a good deal or are those cheap brand, same with the fuel pressure tool?

IF I buy the compressor is it easy to check my cylinders?

I see you are actually somewhat paying attention to what we're telling you now.

Yes, the compression test and fuel pressure gauge will both work fine from Advance Auto. I suggest that you also buy a Hayne's repair manual for our cars, and get familiar with it.