Need some airbag help, code 34

Mike92GT

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2002
Florida
My car has been flashing a code 34 for a while now. I really want to get this fixed, but I've been having trouble finding info on this particular code. It seems it is not very common. From what I can tell the most likely cause is a bad diagnostic monitor. I've tried 2 used ones, but ended up with different codes, 12 and 52 IIRC, which leads me to believe the used monitors were bad as well. Any help would be appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

I think code 32 is the one that usually means the clock spring. Plus my horn and cruise work, which should mean the clockspring is OK?

OK, my Service Manual says that Code 34 is Low Resitance in the Driver Air Bag Circuit, it also says the most common cause of the Code is the actual Air Bag itself and the 2nd most common problem being the Clock Spring. I just finished fixing mine as it was Flashing a Code 12, the Manual says the most common cause is the Diagnostic Module, after doing all the required tests that is what ended up being the problem.

What does your manual say about an airbag light code 61? My airbag light flashes when the car first starts up then stays on. My cruise doesn't work very often but my horn works fine...

OK, my Service Manual says that Code 34 is Low Resitance in the Driver Air Bag Circuit, it also says the most common cause of the Code is the actual Air Bag itself and the 2nd most common problem being the Clock Spring. I just finished fixing mine as it was Flashing a Code 12, the Manual says the most common cause is the Diagnostic Module, after doing all the required tests that is what ended up being the problem.

Thanks, maybe I'll try picking up an airbag to see if that fixes it. I think they can be found used for not too much money. Worth a shot I guess.