Need some help.... (Timing)

Bloomy316

Founding Member
Dec 20, 1999
Circleville, Ohio
Hey guys whats up, havent been around for awhile, but im in need of some help. Heres my deal... My car starts fine and run good, but when i smash into it it heasitates horribly and if i let up for a second then get back into it it takes off, but if i keep in the gas the car dies? What could be causing this, i rebuilt the motor about a year and half ago, its a 93 block w/ Windsor Jr. head, e303 cam, edelbrock RPM Performer Air Gap intake, Holley 650double pumper, complete msd ignition, black magic electric fan, and harland sharp roller rockers. Exaust is a 40 series flows, custom hpipe and mac shortys. Any help would rock! Thanks in advance!!

Bloomy

• Sponsors (?)

no its basically been doin it awhile now, but never really bothered me cause i hardly ever drive my car, but lately its been super nice i been gettin her out and its drivin me nuts, cause it has way more power than shes giving, also i was wonderin if maybe ive blown the power valve? I thought maybe this is the problem and i went to jegs and got a race plug to replace it cause i guess they cant be blown, but i have yet to install it yet....

Most likely carb like he said. Timing will not usually affect air/fuel drastically enough to cause a hesitation such as that unless you are running some extreme race cam with a pretty steep lift. Sounds to me like there is either too much fuel or not enough air getting in during WOT which basically drowns your car until you lift off the accelerator allowing it to burn off. Check your carb and get back with us.