Need Some Lowering Help

• Sponsors (?)

i'm not going to bother reading all through here, BUT- SPORTLINES ARE THE ONLY SPRINGS TO BUY. Period. i've tried prokit, H&R SS, they all don't look good. better than stock, but did not take the wheel gap away. Inside, i believe that H&R super sport is probably a better quality spring, because of all the ppl who keep telling me that, but it is UGLY. Even Sportlines ARENT low enough, you will have quite more than a 1" wheel gap EVEN with sportlines. ProKits are a joke. Go with sportlines, not because its the best quality, but they are the only ones that look good. H&R look good on pics, but pics lie alot since It's all in the angle pictures are taken. I've seen H&R in person, on my car, my dads car, lots of other friends cars i meet up with on car meets on saturdays, and maybe its because i use to be into imports, but they are not low enough. Looks a little lower than the prokit i guess, but not by much.
Sportlines or nothing. (unless your considering coilover)

The bottom line is if you want to get rid of the wheel gap by running springs that lower your mustang much more than 1.5 inches you will end up with crappy ride quality. The mustang suspension travel does not permit dropping that low without compromising handling and ride quality. I'm glad I realized that and went with my setup, it handles like it is on rails.

So far I did the following:
Had full length sub frame connectors welded in.
4 bolt mm caster camber plates
Installed a set of the MM Bilstein shocks and struts..
Installed the new urethane isolators
Adjustable MM rear lower control arms

The only thing I am going to do now to improve handling even more is going to go with coil overs which I should have done to begin with. I'm going to do the front first since I don't have to have groves machined into my struts.. This is required for the rear only. This way if I did want to achieve the "looks only" I can drop it down to the ground and still have the adjustability to raise it back to a level that provides the optimal handling and ride quality....

i'm not going to bother reading all through here, BUT- SPORTLINES ARE THE ONLY SPRINGS TO BUY. Period. i've tried prokit, H&R SS, they all don't look good. better than stock, but did not take the wheel gap away. Inside, i believe that H&R super sport is probably a better quality spring, because of all the ppl who keep telling me that, but it is UGLY. Even Sportlines ARENT low enough, you will have quite more than a 1" wheel gap EVEN with sportlines. ProKits are a joke. Go with sportlines, not because its the best quality, but they are the only ones that look good. H&R look good on pics, but pics lie alot since It's all in the angle pictures are taken. I've seen H&R in person, on my car, my dads car, lots of other friends cars i meet up with on car meets on saturdays, and maybe its because i use to be into imports, but they are not low enough. Looks a little lower than the prokit i guess, but not by much.
If you say so :rolleyes:

Damn right i say so. Sportlines go lower than HR. Thats a fact, and the specs say so. He wants it lower, so he obviously believes lower looks better. I've had experience with them, and they were just slightly lower than the pro kit.. just enough to give it a nicer stance, but still not what i wanted. I think he's going to be as dissapointed as i was. I wish someone bluntly told ME the facts before i spent 500 dollars on springs that suck. Good thing is springs are easy to re sell.
No decent looking wheel will give you your goal of 1" to 1.5" wheel gap on ANY HR spring, or Eibach for that matter, but the sportlines will put you closer. unless you high profile 18s, and a LCA in the rear and x2 ball joint in the front with sportlines all around, you can kiss your 1.5" goal good bye.

This is the best pic i have found of sportlines that show their true look- the picture is taken at level stance, the car is on level ground- no eye tricks. pay attention, not to the car, but if you have a good monitor, take a look, a really good look at the wheel gap in the rear. Then look at the wheel gap in the front. HR super sports will be slightly higher, every 1/10 of an inch counts. It sucks when you buy springs, then look at your car later and your like "crap, i shoulda bought lower springs"
http://members.cox.net/techme/index.htm

The sportlines are also alot more friendly for drag racing. Forget about that feeling you get when the front end of your car lifts up when you launch at the strip- the spring rate 700+ on the HR SS keep you planted- which is nice when road racing, but it is a stiffer spring. Eibach is only a bit stiffer than stock, but you still get some weight transfer.

Sportlines are Crap!! i took mine off and sold them for $50. and NO they are not better for drag racing. they are stiff as hell and do not transfer weight worth a damn. they also ride like crap and you will hate driving your car on any bumpy road.

H&R makes the best springs out there. i absolutely love my H&R race springs. the sport and super sport springs are good also.

ifyoujust want your car slammed and dont give a damn about the ride get some of the ebay "drop zone" springs. they are suppose to drop 2.5" and areonly $100 for all the cheap skates out there:notnice:

Sprtlines offer BETTER weight transfer than supersports, not good, but better. the specs speak for themselves.
Whatever the case, my car doesn't have anywheels or exterior mods on it except being lowered at this time, but stock for stock, my car vs another car on HR.. the one on sportlines will look better. HR rode harsher than Eibach to me.
Whatever the case, OPs been warned.

Shoulda sold those sportlines to me for 50 bones, argh!

Damn right i say so. Sportlines go lower than HR. Thats a fact, and the specs say so. He wants it lower, so he obviously believes lower looks better. I've had experience with them, and they were just slightly lower than the pro kit.. just enough to give it a nicer stance, but still not what i wanted. I think he's going to be as dissapointed as i was. I wish someone bluntly told ME the facts before i spent 500 dollars on springs that suck. Good thing is springs are easy to re sell.
No decent looking wheel will give you your goal of 1" to 1.5" wheel gap on ANY HR spring, or Eibach for that matter, but the sportlines will put you closer. unless you high profile 18s, and a LCA in the rear and x2 ball joint in the front with sportlines all around, you can kiss your 1.5" goal good bye.

This is the best pic i have found of sportlines that show their true look- the picture is taken at level stance, the car is on level ground- no eye tricks. pay attention, not to the car, but if you have a good monitor, take a look, a really good look at the wheel gap in the rear. Then look at the wheel gap in the front. HR super sports will be slightly higher, every 1/10 of an inch counts. It sucks when you buy springs, then look at your car later and your like "crap, i shoulda bought lower springs"
http://members.cox.net/techme/index.htm

The sportlines are also alot more friendly for drag racing. Forget about that feeling you get when the front end of your car lifts up when you launch at the strip- the spring rate 700+ on the HR SS keep you planted- which is nice when road racing, but it is a stiffer spring. Eibach is only a bit stiffer than stock, but you still get some weight transfer.

Sorry to pull this thread but I will have to agree with this guy. I have experienced with both prokit and sportlines and the car still looks kinda high (although the sportlines look better). I made the error of going by pictures posted by members here but then realized that the pics taking here are usually taken at weird angles as to make the car look good for the camera shot but in person is a different story. See my thread here: http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=749795 ..I kept thinking it was my wheels and tires but it wasn't

if you want a 1/2 inch gap and you've got a new edge, you can forget about 1/2 inch gap in the front with 17s and you sure as hell can forget having anywhere near 1/2 gap in the rear.
Eibach Sportlines FTW. i spent 500 dollars in springs.
Pro kit (Sucks, looks like stock)
HR sport (also sucks)
HR sportline (still not low enough, so IMO, sucked)

Finally finally finally, i got the sportlines...lower than super sports..but i still thought the front sucked... SO- Sportlines with no front isolators, IMO- the only spring combo that doesnt suck, if a low car with 1" or less fender gap is what you want.