Fox Need Suggestions

Should I swap the motor or work on the v6?

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

No you can't.
And no it's not.

I think that unless you've done something similar w/ regard to the swap in question into one of these cars, there should be a rule w/ regard to replies.

*** Unless you can speak the language,..Do not attempt to speak it.
attachment.php?attachmentid=93709&d=1449830129.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=93713&d=1449834113.jpg

This guy speaks the language fluently. Over on FEP, he took a stock lincoln 460/C6 combo and put it into the above car.
It has heat, P/S, A/C,.and PB's all intact. It was a direct swap onto a tubular K member, only needing headers, and the correct oil pan.

He let his kid drive the thing to the prom, then took it to the track, and clicked off an 11.88 et on his second ever pass.

How freakin simple is that?

Ok, I will keep my opinions to myself.

IMG_6061.JPG
351 , vortech , TKO would make a fun car .

Or you could do one of these straight 6s .... We built the mounts a year ago this March . Body is paiinted motor assembeled and we started the engine for first time 2 weekends ago. A project I have been working on with my buddy for a few years now.

O wait wasn't supposed to post that

Ok, I will keep my opinions to myself.
Whoa,....that wasn't the objective here.

The point is that advice w/o experience behind it to back it up is hollow.
But the core of your statement wasn't that far off.
Yeah, a BBF is heavy no doubt, and it will stop poorly if the stock fox brakes are kept in place. It'll also be a nose heavy pig that won't handle like it's small block little brother will.

But then all of those same shortcomings applied to 68 390 GT Mustang, or a 69 428 CJ, or a 69 SS396 Nova, Or a 1970 426 hemi headed Cuda, or any of a dozen other make/models where the factory stuffed a big assed engine in a small car.

You were part of another thread where I listed the expense involved to do a JY BBF swap, and it aint that hard or expensive,...Everything bolts in, and the end result is fast for cheap.

So,...that's all I'm sayin about that.

2jz makes stupid power. Stock engine can handle 35psi and make over 900 without unbolting the head
Stock crank , mains are studded , Manley rod , stock piston . Porter head , GSC stage 2 cams and a precision 6466 . Should be a killer street car when we're all done with it .

Reactions: 2 users
Going through the last couple of pages my suggestion would be to sell this car and buy something that meets your wants/needs. It's a clean car you should find a buyer fairly easily. Just don't expect a ton of cash for it. You're waffling all over the place. That's a recipe for dumped cash and a car that doesn't live up to expectations. Ask me how I know....

Reactions: 1 user
That's what I want to do but I find it hard looking for inline 6 parts. I'm looking for headers and can't really find a place that has any

Got google?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=3.3+L+ford+inline+six+exhaust+headers

Seriously though....

Any money you spend on the I-6 is wasted money unless you commit to it.

These engines suck ass.

Stock, a 3.3L I-6 makes 88 Hp.

The 1 bbl carb, the terrible head, the lack of performance upgrades that aren't stupid expensive makes the engine a waste of time, and money.

Unless you are crafty.

Keep everything stock, and cobble a way to make the stock exhaust manifold feed a turbo flange.
Get some small t/3 hybrid turbo and add boost.

There are all kinds of goobers over at the Ford six forum that are taking their stock 200/250's, and forcing air into the engine to make respectable power for very little money (If you consider 150-200 HP respectable).

The mathematical formula flows something like this:

Stock turd + T3/T4 Chinee turbo, + Holley 2 bbl carb hacked onto stock log manifold + cobbled upswept U bend into turbo flange = 1 HP per C.I.

for a little while.

Last edited:
If you want reliable, respectable, and cheap put a roller 351 in it with a mild camshaft and decent carb and intake. It's really the best bang for buck. More than 250+hp and 325+tq. Plus, the block is good for 750hp....if you ever want to add boost. Add heads and the numbers climb a even more.

Either way you will need a k member, headers, dual exhaust, intake, carb, accessory brackets, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, camshaft, distributor, plugs, and wires, oil, oil filter, hot chic to pose with car.... What's an oil pan after all of that ?

No real need to punch the motor out...but you could stroke to 393, 408, 427.

IMG_6061.JPG
351 , vortech , TKO would make a fun car .

Or you could do one of these straight 6s .... We built the mounts a year ago this March . Body is paiinted motor assembeled and we started the engine for first time 2 weekends ago. A project I have been working on with my buddy for a few years now.

O wait wasn't supposed to post that
What transmission are you using for this engine, and what controller for the engine?

What transmission are you using for this engine, and what controller for the engine?

Haltech elite 2500 standalone with a race pak dash . Quick time t56 to 2jz bell housing , using the aje k member we were able to build the motor mounts so that the t56 fits in the stock location using a stifflers crossmember

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys just wanted to update this post and say that I'm going next Saturday to go pick up this 351w to finally start the build on my car.

Attachments

• IMG_1583.JPG
    IMG_1583.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_1584.JPG
    IMG_1584.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1585.JPG
    IMG_1585.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: 2 users