Never happens under warranty

The other day I drove my car for the first time in about a week. I noticed a squeeling sound under the hood but figured it was just a wet belt since I had cleaned the engine. Well it didnt go away so I took it to the dealer today and because of the hloidays they cant dig into it until tuesday but did tell me what it probably is. Alternator, water pump, or some tensioner. The car only has 40,000 miles on it, this couldnt have happened say 4,000 miles ago. They told me it would cost 100 to 500 dollars to have fixed. Looks like I shoulda asked for an alternator or water pump for christmas. The car has been trouble free up until now, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

• Sponsors (?)

1of3901SpringGT said:
The other day I drove my car for the first time in about a week. I noticed a squeeling sound under the hood but figured it was just a wet belt since I had cleaned the engine. Well it didnt go away so I took it to the dealer today and because of the hloidays they cant dig into it until tuesday but did tell me what it probably is. Alternator, water pump, or some tensioner. The car only has 40,000 miles on it, this couldnt have happened say 4,000 miles ago. They told me it would cost 100 to 500 dollars to have fixed. Looks like I shoulda asked for an alternator or water pump for christmas. The car has been trouble free up until now, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

It is probably a tensioner. I went through two of the them on my Old gt and it only had 23,000 on it when I traded it in. If it is a tensioner I would fix it yourself it's easy. :nice:

yellow5.0cobra said:
Its probably the tensioner.

Friend had a similar problem also.

It NEVER breaks during warranty... guess thats why Ford is the industries leader with the LEAST warranty.

AGREED! Ford hats the $hittiie$t warranty in the industry! I think mine came with 3/35? Whatever it is, I dont really care.....if anyhting breaks FORD always tries to rat their way out of any liability.