new dyno Numbers

HO5POINTO1990

Aug 12, 2003
San Jose
I just added the whole trick flow kit that goes for 2300 in most auto parts magazines, and I have full exhaust from the headers back with 30 Lb injectors, 70MM TB, 76MM MAF, and my numbers were 272 to the wheels... Has anyone used this kit and have gotten similar dissapointing numbers? I know I have not gotten it fully tuned at a shop, but I have an aftermarket CHIP by Powerdyne or something that I got from jegs.com for 240 and people are telling me I can get 30HP if i get it professionally tuned ????!!!:shrug:

Just to let you know it comes with the stage one cam, trickflow heads, new rockers and upper and lower intakes. What should i be doing differently?

• Sponsors (?)

Too much injector so it was probably rich, Couple that with a c&l, and that's not good.
Take the chip out, and gently place it in the garbage, foxes with mild mods, and even some with extensive, just don't need a chip, alot of times they make the car run worse, not better.

What was the timing set at? Should run best around 14-16.

All tuning is on a fox is timing and fuel pressure, it's not a modular car that is restricted by the computer. Set your timing, drop the injectors to 24's with a pro m, and start the pressure somewhere around 40psi, and you get around 300 to the wheels, which is where is should be.