New FK Rod-Ends and Trip To WestEndAlignment!!!

SRT Handz

I tripped & fell down and cut myself & got blood
Oct 10, 2004
La Mirada, CA
I am currently Running a UPR Bumpsteer Kit. After a while i developed "Play" in the Spherical Rod Ends on the bumpsteer kit. I needed to find a replacement because this play i could feel in the steering.

The most important part of any bumpsteer kit is the Rod End. Pretty much all bumpsteer kits are an Adaptor for the steering rack and a Spherical Tie Rod End. UPR Uses a POS 2 Piece Rod end that is from China. I had play even from being brand new. I called UPR and complained and told them how ****ty their Rod End was and they sent me the "ChroMoly Upgraded" tie-rod, But that one was still ****ty and had play in the bushing itself.

so I knew i wanted to buy a real High Quality Rod-End that would make the steering feel very tight and precise. After ALOT of consulting on other forums I was pointed to Baker Performance Products... A SoCal Shop that specializes in Race Car parts... The kind of stuff they use in Formula-1, WRC, and NASCAR They are AMAZING people at this shop and have every rod ends ranging from $10 to $300. They helped me pick the right piece for my application!!!

Baker Precision - Buy Racecar parts and supplies online - including Earl's, Speedflow and Aeroquip Hose and Fittings, Aurora, NHBB and FK Rod Ends, Neo Synthetic Oil, Setrab Oil Coolers, Fire Systems, Fuel Cel

I took my old Rod-End to them and ask what they would recommend for my Set-up. I told them the car is drive pretty hard on the street and does a few track and AutoX Events. Baker recommended that i got with a Higher end 3-Piece Rod End by FK, a company in the USA. These Rod-End are AMAZING. They are so tight you need a pole to move them around. The bushing were not cheap, costing almost $70 for the Pair. Once these Were installed steering feel was improved because of the quality of the Rod-End. This is a MUST HAVE upgrade for anyone with a UPR,Steeda,or MM bumpsteer Kit.

Specs - FK - JMX Series -3 Piece, Precision, Teflon Lined, Alloy Steel Body 5/8 Bore Size - $32.85 Each (2 Required)

fkjmx1.jpg

IMG_4160Small.jpg

IMG_4163Small.jpg

LEFT = UPR Standard Rod End (China Junk)
MIDDLE = UPR ChroMoly 2 Piece (China Junk)
RIGHT = FK 3 piece Precision Rod End (USA Made - HIGHEST QUALITY)

IMG_4165Small.jpg

ALIGNMENT TRIP TO WEST END ALIGNMENT!!!

Once I installed My Rod-End, I made and Appointment with the best Alignment Guy on the West Coast, Darin@WestEnd. People drive FAR to have their car aligned by Darin. He does AMAZING work and he is one of the only people i trust touching my car. Darin specializes in Race cars and cars with Modified suspensions. I made and appointment and was first car on the Rack @ 8AM!!!

I currently have an 03/04 Cobra Steering Rack. This REALLY improved the steering feel over stock. Its amazing. While checking the suspension prior to alignment, Darin discovered play in Left Inner Tie Rod. He could not start the alignment till the inner tie rock was changed on the left side. Luckily, a shop had the 03/04 Inner tie rod in stock and Darin had it Delivered!!! Darin installed the Inner Tie Rod VERY quickly and was able to keep my appointment!!! Darin then alignment the Bumpsteer, Toe, and the MM caster-camber Plates!!!

Results: The steering in the car is now PERFECT!!!! No bumpsteer, Tight and quick steering and AMAZING feel with the new FK Rod-Ends. I could not be Happier with the Results!!! Darin@WestEnd's alignment was so perfect the car feels just right!!!!

Up on The Rack @ WestEnd!!!

IMG_4168Small.jpg

IMG_4172Small.jpg

IMG_4175Small.jpg

Old Inner Tie Rod Removed

IMG_4176Small.jpg

Worn Inner Tie Rod on Bench before the trash can

IMG_4177Small.jpg

The Worn ball on the Inside

IMG_4180Small.jpg

New Inner Tie Rod Installed!!!

IMG_4181Small.jpg

IMG_4182Small.jpg

Thanks West End Alignment!!! You Guys Rock!!!

IMG_4183Small.jpg

• Sponsors (?)