New guy here

NY-69stang

Jul 23, 2009
Syracuse NY
Hi - new to the stangnet.
Just purchased a 67 coupe hardtop. Texas car in excellent shape. Just need to do some drivers floorboard work. My plan is to do a ground up restoration. I plan on doing a restomod while keeping the 60's flavor of the car. The engine will be a 408 stroker with all the appropriate upgrades to the suspension, chassis and drivetrain.

Here are a few pics:

67 mustang pictures by nymorey - Photobucket

My other car is a 69 cougar XR7.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee304/nymorey/My Build/100_1381.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks.
I plan on doing up the mustang even better.
I'm doing my research now and ordering all the shop and build manuals.
I'm sure I'll have a lot of technical questions as I get going on it (Like how to get under the cowl to clean and paint without drilling all the spot welds out)

That Mustang is going to be pretty nice if its better than the Cougar.

If your talking about getting inside the cowl, I have no idea how to do that without removing welds. If you find out do tell.

Thanks everyone. I am looking forward diving into this project. I must say that parts will be easier to obtain than my cougar. I have been looking in my parts books and everything I need is available. I just need to figure out how to put it all together!!

Hey Morey - welcome to StangNet! Glad to see you're adding to the stable.

Great knowledge base, lotsa of "idea-generators", and a very helpful bunch of guys -and a girl or two-around here; some of whom you just might recognize, such as Bryan (bnickel) for one...... and yeloxr7 has even been known to make an appearance from time to time.
Pretty much like mercurycougar.net

We won't talk about my own 'alter-ego'.

StangDreamin'
(DesertDawg on mc.net)

And, even over here where I've hung out for like 6 years, I STILL can't type up a post without going back and editing a bunch of typogrwaphcial errors!

Hey Morey - welcome to StangNet! Glad to see you're adding to the stable.

Great knowledge base, lotsa of "idea-generators", and a very helpful bunch of guys -and a girl or two-around here; some of whom you just might recognize, such as Bryan (bnickel) for one...... and yeloxr7 has even been known to make an appearance from time to time.
Pretty much like mercurycougar.net

We won't talk about my own 'alter-ego'.

StangDreamin'
(DesertDawg on mc.net)

And, even over here where I've hung out for like 6 years, I STILL can't type up a post without going back and editing a bunch of typogrwaphcial errors!

I thought it was you, I recognized your avatar plus your shameless stolen quote was a dead give away.

I've been searching the posts and your right, lost's of good info here. I look forward to turning my stang into a real nice muscle car. I just hope a cougar and a stallion can get along in the same stable! Of course I do have my Ranger keeping a close eye on them!

Pfffft, Cats and Ponies can get along just fine.... only the 'tudes of their owners can cause hardship. One of the things that make me grind my teeth is listening to somebody first gripe about a "beyond ECI" Cougar being used as a donor car for a Mustang; only to hear the same guy later brag about yanking the powertrain out of a '68 Mustang FB; just so he can stuff the 428CJ and trannie into his '67 Standard Cat! :nonono:
I mean, c'mon guys - give it a rest! Both cars bleed Ford Blue!

There's the 'Pontiac crowd' on mc.net; and the brave few who campaign Oldsmobiles around here. In fact, one of our 'regulars around here is the 'father' of one of the most popular restomod series of articles in Mustang Illustrated (or was it Mustang Monthly? - I forget which, almost 20 years ago); called "The Cheapskate Chronicles"), is now splitting his time between his Factory Five Roadster and his Olds 442! But he's still part of this Forum! Where are ya, Dan????
So, if we can love cars from "Government Motors"; we shouldn't be bagging on our favorite cars' cousins.
Yeesh!

Another guy you might come across on this board is Pakrat. Rich is the '69 convertible owner I mentioned in the 'Rhode Island thread' on MC.net - he faintly resembles Royce Peterson when he's (Pak) talking about his 'vert.

This is probably the best forum I've been part of and I hope you find it the same. There is a very good core group of guys and gals here that don't carry the attitude that "top posters" on other boards do. Oh, one or two members know a couple things about Mustangs as well.
Welcome and have fun!

Krash.