New NW Forum!

loud 95 said:
I remember five years ago, when many of the people on here had just gotten stangs. I was seventeen and had just gotten my GT. Two of my high school friends had done the same, and were busy wrecking theirs. Ed had his white new-edge GT. Jerry, as I recall, was relatively new to the area. Paul had his '99 GT and Varian still had his BPU supra and was trying to off-load his old fox body. Bill was still actively pimping the Fox, All Ford/Blue Oval were new, and Sandy had a P1SC on her GT. Those were the days!:hail2:
Seems like yesterday:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

MTMMAN said:
My questions is why do all these people keep posting here long after they no longer own a Mustang or never did(Corvette's etc)?

fiveohwblow said:
have been kinda hinting to the same thing, but I didnt wanna come out and say it. I absolutely respect everyone on here, but I personaly would feel kinda like a poser if I didnt have a stang and was on.... :SNSign: well... but again, whos to say they wont be cured of this sickness they have with horrible symptoms that leave them in the dark not owning a Mustang. Its the worst virus I have ever seen....

Maybe because some of the people I've met on this section of Stangnet have become my friends in real life. What difference does it make that I no longer own a Cobra? I plan to buy another Stang. So I have to post somewhere else until the day I purchase my next Mustang? Give me a break.

The first person from here that I met was Jordan. It was the day I bought my Cobra. We met at PIR in the staging lanes. I broke in my Cobra drag racing against him.

I'm also a senior member of the Staff of this board. I have not been stripped of my power. If the ownership doesn't have an issue with me not owning a Mustang why do you. I have been a member of this site much longer than one of you and almost as long as the other has.

Are you guys so brand loyal that someone who doesn’t own a Mustang can't keep in touch with their friends on this dumb little discussion forum? :rolleyes:

duner said:
Maybe because some of the people I've met on this section of Stangnet have become my friends in real life. What difference does it make that I no longer own a Cobra? I plan to buy another Stang. So I have to post somewhere else until the day I purchase my next Mustang? Give me a break.

The first person from here that I met was Jordan. It was the day I bought my Cobra. We met at PIR in the staging lanes. I broke in my Cobra drag racing against him.

I'm also a senior member of the Staff of this board. I have not been stripped of my power. If the ownership doesn't have an issue with me not owning a Mustang why do you. I have been a member of this site much longer than one of you and almost as long as the other has.

Are you guys so brand loyal that someone who doesn’t own a Mustang can't keep in touch with their friends on this dumb little discussion forum? :rolleyes:
Wow, I entered my first smack talk/tension builder without even trying. Slow your pony there soldier. You will notice I included some humor towards the fact that I know you guys will be buying one again in the near future. Yes, blue runs through my veins though, and I will far from deny that and if I am to be persecuted for that belief so be it. I also stated I had much respect for many on this site, and guess what my friend, this includes you.
Hope this clears up my opinions and if not.....:cool:

AC-Pony"s GT

fiveohwblow said:
I have been kinda hinting to the same thing, but I didnt wanna come out and say it. I absolutely respect everyone on here, but I personaly would feel kinda like a poser if I didnt have a stang and was on....well...:SNSign: but again, whos to say they wont be cured of this sickness they have with horrible symptoms that leave them in the dark not owning a Mustang. Its the worst virus I have ever seen....:(

AMEN! GTS RULE!!!:SNSign:

fiveohwblow said:
Wow, I entered my first smack talk/tension builder without even trying. Slow your pony there soldier. You will notice I included some humor towards the fact that I know you guys will be buying one again in the near future. Yes, blue runs through my veins though, and I will far from deny that and if I am to be persecuted for that belief so be it. I also stated I had much respect for many on this site, and guess what my friend, this includes you.
Well my Kind sir when you refer to people as posers who happen to be very good friends with or without stangs and you dont even know them or barely do it might be taken the wrong way,you might be subjecting yourself to some not so friendly verbal fire, I myself raised a eyebrow but ignored it , knowing that myself and many others have earned the wright to talk on this forum and that were here long before you and drove fords/mustangs/cobras before you were even born. But now that I know you were just kidding i'll sleep much better tonight :rolleyes:

03yellowvenom said:
Well my Kind sir when you refer to people as posers who happen to be very good friends with or without stangs and you dont even know them or barely do it might be taken the wrong way,you might be subjecting yourself to some not so friendly verbal fire, I myself raised a eyebrow but ignored it , knowing that myself and many others have earned the wright to talk on this forum and that were here long before you and drove fords/mustangs/cobras before you were even born. But now that I know you were just kidding i'll sleep much better tonight :rolleyes:
I have seen much more banter here than the joke I wrote, and if people are having an issue seeing that I stated "I" would feel like a poser with a joking implication than I appologize...not for my joke but for the lack of understanding. As far as seniority goes, this existential egocentrism can placate someone elses mind, but I am not in a Stang Union and the fact that I have been driving fords for only 10 years or so does not negate my opionions and moreover my jokes. Glad to see the comradery on here exists with ferver, and I would only desire to have the same with fellow stangers. I guess for a future warning people should know that when I write jokes to only take them as a grain of salt. In fact, that was the advice I got word for word from Duner in a PM my first month on Stangnet. Hope you all can rest now ;):nice:

Rootus said:
Mmmm, nice... big syllable douchebags are definitely welcome here. :hail2:
Ok, I have started flames in my direction I didnt want by a joke that seems to have frustrated some people. Not my intention at all, nor am I a "douchebag." In the same manor I dont know you guys, you dont know me. Sorry to all who were frustrated. I will leave it at that.

fiveohwblow said:
Ok, I have started flames in my direction I didnt want by a joke that seems to have frustrated some people. Not my intention at all, nor am I a "douchebag." In the same manor I dont know you guys, you dont know me. Sorry to all who were frustrated. I will leave it at that.
:rlaugh: Big Syllable Douchbag is more of a compliment than an insult. Simmer down and take a joke. And perhaps stay with monosyballic words ... this is after all a Mustang forum. :jester:

Rootus said:
:rlaugh: Big Syllable Douchbag is more of a compliment than an insult. Simmer down and take a joke. And perhaps stay with monosyballic words ... this is after all a Mustang forum. :jester:
Lol, guess I read that one wrong, my bad.:D I will try to stick with the "monosyballic" words :p

fiveohwblow said:

It's all good. I didn't take your comments too personally. I’m working a hard core project at work and my writing style of late tends to be from a "managerial" standpoint. I picked up the humor and the respect comment. But, since I don’t know you I responded as if you were taking a couple of shots at the few of us who decided to change vehicles.

Like I said it cool. :nice: