New Personal Best at the 1/4 Mile Today!

Doc GTO

Oct 23, 2004
Ocala, FL
Even though it was hot as a mo-fo I still managed to clip off a new fast personal best! Take in to account that I was on my 18 inch 245 street tires so traction was not the greatest as you can tell from my ET vs. traps!

RT:.126
60ft:2.056
1/8:8.370
1/8mph:88.32
1/4:12.689
1/4mph:116.18

My best Trap of the day was 118.14mph.

Oh, and this was done on a 60 shot with the mods I had before in 95 degree weather . . .

I am a happy camper!!

• Sponsors (?)

^^^Thanks guys&gal! I was impressed with what a little 60 shot did. With traction it will rock. If I change the plugs, drop in the 100, and get a dyno tune the car will be SICK!!!

I'll work on some more traction first! I'm not greedy . . .=-)

Doc GTO said:
Even though it was hot as a mo-fo I still managed to clip off a new fast personal best! Take in to account that I was on my 18 inch 245 street tires so traction was not the greatest as you can tell from my ET vs. traps!

RT:.126
60ft:2.056
1/8:8.370
1/8mph:88.32
1/4:12.689
1/4mph:116.18

My best Trap of the day was 118.14mph.

Oh, and this was done on a 60 shot with the mods I had before in 95 degree weather . . .

I am a happy camper!!

Nice run Doc!! Just what you ordered! LOL! Did you take an in-car video? If not an outside shot will do.. Who did you race? Also, what Nitrous Kit are you using, and how is it applied? By a switch, a button, or 75% throttle?

MSP said:
Nice run Doc!! Just what you ordered! LOL! Did you take an in-car video? If not an outside shot will do.. Who did you race? Also, what Nitrous Kit are you using, and how is it applied? By a switch, a button, or 75% throttle?

We have a few LS1GTO members working on getting the video up. I have the Compucar dry nitrous kit with an activation switch and a WOT switch at the gas pedel linkage. Kit is 20-100 but I was running 60.

Doc GTO said:
We have a few LS1GTO members working on getting the video up. I have the Compucar dry nitrous kit with an activation switch and a WOT switch at the gas pedel linkage. Kit is 20-100 but I was running 60.

I would love to see the in car video.. We have a few V6 Stangs which should be running the juice in a few weeks.. Hopefully one of them will setup a camera inside the car... The kit we use kicks the juice in at 75% throttle, which I feel takes the edge off of you when making a run.. I'll let you know when and if the video is made..

I'm going to get my kit soon.. I cant wait Doc! Knowing that we can run low 12's in these 6's out of the box is really exciting..

Nice that your car does not need too much of a shot to get good numbers Doc.. How did it feel to ya? Were you stoked after the run or what? :D

MSP said:
Nice that your car does not need too much of a shot to get good numbers Doc.. How did it feel to ya? Were you stoked after the run or what? :D

It felt great. It came on smooth and was amazing! The car just kept on pulling like a freight train!

I had a real big SEG on my face for a while after . . . :D

Doc GTO said:
It felt great. It came on smooth and was amazing! The car just kept on pulling like a freight train!

I had a real big SEG on my face for a while after . . . :D

What is your overall feelings in regards to power-adders? It seems that for the most part, Nitrous is the easiest way to add what is needed to be extremely competitive..

Also, what do you think the max shot of the GTO would be? Do you think you could run a 150 to 200 Shot, with your current internals?

MSP said:
What is your overall feelings in regards to power-adders? It seems that for the most part, Nitrous is the easiest way to add what is needed to be extremely competitive..

Also, what do you think the max shot of the GTO would be? Do you think you could run a 150 to 200 Shot, with your current internals?

The max I will run is a 100 but the Ls1s can handle 150s all day long! I have a buddy that has been spraying for over 20K miles on his WS6 with no problems.