New Track times. Good ending point for the year.

moneypit94

May 23, 2003
Macomb, IL
Just got back from cordova IL 1/4 mile track..

Anyways... I got 3 decent runs in and one F-UP... (missed 4th and couldn't find it for awhile.)

First run was the F-UP
ran 11.56 @ 117

Next run was within mins. after the first run so im guessing engine heat wasn't helping much
11.37@125

Then i let the car sit with some ice... I hit the rev limiter a couple times in between shifts..
11.17@125

and then the best run of the day.. I again let it sit for awhile and iced the blower and intake down.. I Launched it almost as hard as i could... It felt GOOD that last run and pulled really hard all the way to the end.

bestts.jpg

BTW: It was a saturday fun day at the track and there wasn't much of a turnout so i think thats why they didn't say anything to me about my ET's and no cage or bar... And I run at an IHRA so its 11.499 or below needs a cage or bar.

ANYWAYS... IM VERY VERY HAPPY :banana: I drive a 10 sec car!!! THATS FREAKIN AWSOME...

• Sponsors (?)

DAMN, WAY TO GO!!! I don't know which impresses me more, 10's or that big 128mph trap speed! I remember your last video with you pulling the wheels on the 1-2 shift... now I see why!!! Big time congrats to you!!!

thanks guys.. Yeah I knew that it felt much better that last run especially towards the end of the run.. I really hate the inconsitancy of a non-cog blower system, but im not gonna complain too much.

Im just happy not to have broke anything this year.. I mean my stock tranny with 130+ k miles is still in tact along with my stock differtial. sp?

had a couple people tell me there is probably a tenth or two if i powershifted due to the loss of boost during granny shifting. (not on this tranny i don't)

Anyways i wish i would have gotten it video taped.. I guess that will give me something to do next year is get it a good run on tape...

Sleepy McNastee said:
Damn dude thats awesome. :nice:

I can't believe they let you run so many times without a cage. Maybe they were like, "well, that car is badass, so we'll just let it go."
lol, sorta funny cause for tech the guy just wrote the number on my car and said ok...

It was one of the last test and tunes of the season so i don't think they really cared too much?

That is Very impressive. It should keep a smile on your face until spring.
It's funny because I was getting worried with stock tranny at the track and here you are running 10's. Granny shifting keeps that thing together.

What cage/ roll bar are you getting?