New track times

My guess with the parts below? I'm no guru but i'll try based on what cars i've seen with similar buildups around here. Can we trade the DRs for a set of ET Drags? Whats your car weigh? With a 1.8 60' it will run 12s somewhere. I'd rather predict MPH as thats going to happen regardless of traction and represents what its capable of with traction.

I'm gonna say that if you drive it hard and shift fast, it will run 107 - 108 MPH. Put a nice 1.6 60 foot to that and it could be a 12.30-12.40...

IndyBlk5.0 said:
just asking..... what do you think my current combo could get with some good drag radials?
fresh shortblock, Gt-40 upper and lower, ported stock heads, bbk equal length chrome shorties, (all freshly bead-blasted and painted) crane 1.7 roller rockers, b303 cam, 73mm C&L MAM, 24 pound injectors, Kirban AFPR set at 40psi, aftermarket fuel pump, UPR subframes, sn95 electric fan, 3-core rad, 3.73's, bbk short shifter, spec stage 1, mac 2 1/2'' o/r h pipe, dumped 2 chambers.

• Sponsors (?)

Those are some pretty impessive times for mild combo's, they are definately better than my times. I have a 90 GT 3200 pounds, it has 65mm TB, 73mm mafs, cobra intake, Aeromotive afpr, underdrives, mac upper and lower arms, 50/50 rears, 4.10's in a stock aod with a stock converter and the best time I could get was 13.60 at 102mph. pretty laim huh!!!! that was with a 2.15 60ft time on 275/40R17 drag radials and heavy cobra rims. I guess thats not to bad for a aod car. What do you guys think????? The tranny let loose at the end of the year so she will be gettin a rebuild and a cheap aftermarket converter, probably a B&M holeshot or something like that. What size stall do you guys recommend. I also just added a crane compucam 2030. It is 533/544 216/220 @.050. What converter do you guys think I should go with? What rpm should the converter actually be stalling at since they are never rated right?????

I agree I run 120+ miles to the nearest track (notice, CT doesnt even have a track) and have worried about breaking, but whenever I get there, I stop thinking about it, and just run the car as hard as I can!

As for Bad Animal, those times look really good, my car with those same mods and an AOD went 14.1 @ 97 with a 2.0 60' on 245/45/17s! You are definately making power!

My car also had a header back exhaust and a trickflow valvespring upgrade when it ran the 13.6. I thought it was a decent time until I seen you guys going faster with less mods!!! Now I feel slow, but I can always blame it on the aod, everyone elso does!!!

Hey, those times with an AOD are quite impressive to me. I know a few people with AOD's and won't run nearly as quick as you. Throw a stall in there and then beat me. hehe

Speaking of Capri's, where are all of them? I was in the True Street event in September of last year at Ennis and I was the only Capri there out of the 150+ cars in that class. And I was only 1 of 3 out of the whole FFW event. :notnice:

I'm still envious of a few of your guys times with minimal mods. :nice:

Schlodes said:
My guess with the parts below? I'm no guru but i'll try based on what cars i've seen with similar buildups around here. Can we trade the DRs for a set of ET Drags? Whats your car weigh? With a 1.8 60' it will run 12s somewhere. I'd rather predict MPH as thats going to happen regardless of traction and represents what its capable of with traction.

I'm gonna say that if you drive it hard and shift fast, it will run 107 - 108 MPH. Put a nice 1.6 60 foot to that and it could be a 12.30-12.40...

fresh shortblock, Gt-40 upper and lower, ported stock heads, bbk equal length chrome shorties, (all freshly bead-blasted and painted) crane 1.7 roller rockers, b303 cam, 73mm C&L MAM, 24 pound injectors, Kirban AFPR set at 40psi, aftermarket fuel pump, UPR subframes, sn95 electric fan, 3-core rad, 3.73's, bbk short shifter, spec stage 1, mac 2 1/2'' o/r h pipe, dumped 2 chambers.
Well concidering my car has no tire, spare any type of sound deadening material throughout the whole car, i would say around 3100 pounds.. it is really light....

FiveOCapri79 said:
Hey, those times with an AOD are quite impressive to me. I know a few people with AOD's and won't run nearly as quick as you. Throw a stall in there and then beat me. hehe

Speaking of Capri's, where are all of them? I was in the True Street event in September of last year at Ennis and I was the only Capri there out of the 150+ cars in that class. And I was only 1 of 3 out of the whole FFW event. :notnice:

I'm still envious of a few of your guys times with minimal mods. :nice:

i was in ft.sill from 1998 to 2001 and i owned the only 2 capris i ever saw there

You never say any others? At around that time, I was driving around my dad's black 80 Capri. It wasn't until January of 02 did I get my car going. There were a few running around here and there. My buddy also has an white 82 Capri with Pony wheels on it.

You guys with Capris.. :nice: :hail2:

If you ever go to a Ford event where they are running the "Renegade" class, a guy here in town competes in that class. Its a Canyon Red [we all bug him and call it the "Orange Capri"] 1986 Capri RS with "Supercharged" emblems from a Riviera where the "5.0" emblems go, and it has Bogart 5 stars on it.. hes owned the car for YEARS, since like 87 or 88 I think. Last time I saw him test and tuning at our track it was running 9.teens @ just over 150 MPH. :hail2:

I've always loved the Capri RS cars. I prefer Capris to Stangs myself, and my fav Fox body car of all time, is the 1984 Capri RS Turbo. I'd trade my LX for a very nice, clean, modded or unmodded RS Turbo of equal value in a heartbeat.

I just wish I could find a nice T-tops Capri around here. Older Fox Mustangs and Capri's are really hard to find around here since we have a local dirt track that goes through them pretty quickly. :mad: I felt lucky that I found mine in a salvage yard for $300. It was so oxidized that the car was orange instead of red. hehe