New way to solve wheel hop in 03/04 Cobra

Here's a way to increase grip and reduce wheel hop that I haven't seen posted before....works on 03 or 04 Cobra coupes. If you want better traction at launch, you need to transfer weight to the rear. This means two things, you want the roll centers of the car to be higher rather than lower, and you need rear springs that will compress easily and allow the weight transfer to happen. Progressive rate rear springs will do the trick, but most spring kits also lower the car, and front progressive springs counteract the benefit of the rears. However, Eibach rear Pro-Kit springs for 99-01 Cobras are the same height as the stock springs and are progressive rate. Installing the 99-01 Eibach rear springs in an 03-04 maintains the roll center height and allows the weight transfer. I have the 99-01 Eibach rears in my 03 with MM upper and lower urethane rear isolators, stock front springs with MM upper and lower urethane isolators, and Koni Sport rear shocks set at max firmness. Grip is much better, especially hitting the gas going around a turn, the rear doesn't break loose as easily as if it does, it's much easier to regain traction. Wheel hop is about 25% as much as the stock setup. I haven't replaced any of the IRS bushings, they're all stock. Just for fun I put the 99-01 front Eibachs in and sure enough, the car lost the grip that was gained with the rears. If anybody tries it I'd like to hear how it worked for you, good luck.

• Sponsors (?)