Newbie Here, need help selecting Engine set up!!

youll want a good rear end , a good fule system, suspension, subframes, this is gonna be a money pit. i hope you are loaded if you want all this ****. oh btw how old are you that you think u are the youngest one on here. im only 15. but im pullin 2 summer jobs and still cant afford a decent hci combo. OH and your prolly guna wrap it around a tree with an inexperienced driver and 450 hp so in vest in a good roll cage so u have less of a chance of dying.

• Sponsors (?)

oh and will you have the know how to put allt his **** togetheror will u have a shop do it. if you wanna shop to do it then research a reputable engine building shop and tell them your goalsand theyll work out a plan with u and build it to your specs. jw if you have a loaded dad or mom to pay for all this. my dad has money but damn he wont give me ****!

Car RamRod said:
whos paying for all this?

Since i turn 16 in like two weeks im going to get a job save that money. I get my mustang in the next couple of months. Since i live with my dad i dont have to pay any bill or anything so im going to save all my money. . .

dude, thats what we all said, but then u got gf's and going out to eat and **** and the little things wear out ur wallet, like seriously i spend a crap load of money of random things, and not all at once, and i look back at the end of the week and am like dam, if i saved what i spent everyweek this summer so far on junk i could have trickflow heads..lol

This is not going to be some quick process. . . I plan on doin this over a spread period of time. Guess theres going to be some things im just not going to do if im going to save money

Probably a good idea to take it one mod at a time and get a feel for things. Id started with my first stang disassembled with a ported gt40 setup to build. It certainly taught me alot. But I wish I had bought a stocker and took it one mod at a time. A year later, Im working bugs out, spend money here and there for random bs, and still cant drive the car like a stole it. Mainly because it spins too much and needs suspension. Well that costs more money. And things along the way have poped up that entire made my mod list get side tracked. I got real sick, my dog almost died, I decided to move into my own house. Things like that. Take it one mod at a time. Get gears, exhausts, Maf (decided this first..then decided if you want a CAI). Then tint your windows and get some real gauges. Oh and another thing. Something I learned, its not impossible..but its not smart to make your race car your daily driver. Do youself a favor or a smart thing, get a beater before you spend 2k+ on any mod.

Tell you the truth, if I had known what I know now..my setup would be about 95% different. Give yourself time to learn and decided exactly what you want.

Young50 not to be beating a dead horse but, everyone else is right.

The amount of money you need to build that car is in the 12-15k range which is a low 10 second car. Even with my driving experience, in that car i would kill myself.

If youve never felt what a fast car feels like, get the 5.0 and get a set of gears and take it from there.

I dont mean to be a douche but people need to stop making huge lists of the most expensive parts on the market and ask "Will this combo work"...

EDIT: No offense I was 16 once and carless. I only got my 5.0 when i turned 19, my dad was smart enough to not let me get one early and end up paralyzed.

mondos90lx said:
dude, thats what we all said, but then u got gf's and going out to eat and **** and the little things wear out ur wallet, like seriously i spend a crap load of money of random things, and not all at once, and i look back at the end of the week and am like dam, if i saved what i spent everyweek this summer so far on junk i could have trickflow heads..lol

heh thats why i dont have one anymore.. early datin is :bs: anyway so i just decided all my check goes to my new car.. AND you are not the youngest.. im 15 and dont even have my permit.. im to lazy :D lol but dude be serious here.. im not gonna even do that.. the most i will do and the most i think YOU should do is a Trick flow kit on the car.. which is a solid 300 horse.. a set of gears and a good tranny will make it a NICE car and you will have power but not to much.. get out of high school and you can build the mother up to 600 horse if you want.. as long as you have drivin experience first..

ok time to throw my .02 cents in. your younger i was when i got my mustang, as you can tell by my name, it was an 85. i got it when i was 18 or 19, and i still almost got into some BIG trouble. the most i would do if i were you, is a full exhaust, dont be a ricer and get a flow master muffler and say you have exhaust, adn some rear end gears, 3.55 or 3.75 if its a stick, or 4.11's if its an auto. thats it. you'll have a nice growl, sound cool, and if will feel a bit faster, with out sacraficing sp? gas milage or daily drive-a-bility. and if you so choose, which at your age i dont think is a good idea, you can still whoop up on 80% of the imports, especially the high school imports. watch them spend thousands to keep up with your $500 mod list. haha

~Steve