NeWbIe lookin for some advice

H0SS302

Feb 5, 2006
Whats up fellas.. im 17 n gettin a stang for graduation...not until march:notnice: but im looking right now..im in an instresting situation because my mom works for a dealership in texas..(bluebonnet motors) and i can get pretty much any year of mustang i want from 96-on i read tese threads alot any i learn alot from what all yall have to say. im jus curious to know what year yall think is the best of the mustang in the aspect of realliability power and modability.. thanx for n e body who helps me..i cant wait to get my stang iv wanted 1 since i was like 5.....laytaz

• Sponsors (?)

if you're getting a GT go for a 99+ (cheaper in the long run thanks to better breaks, PI heads, and I think a different suspension but I could be wrong)

If you're getting a V6 get an 05+ ;)

Unless I'm reading you wrong and you mean you can't get anything later than a 96 in which case I don't know anything about them.

HAHA yea im deffinetly goin with the 4.6 nothin better than 260hp under ur a@& lol...but yea 96 on, iv always wanted a fox body gt but my mom says there ugly n we all know wat momma says goes lol.

a mach 1 or un supercharged cobra would be awesome, but they're seriously too much power for a new unexperienced driver.

my younger bro proved this to me. he was the most knowedgeable person i know concerning cars, but when he got his 04 mach1 at 16.5 years old he just wasnt experienced enough to drive it. too much power kept gettin him in trouble. my parents sold it after it was close to totaled. :nonono:

the only problem with starting off with a GT for me is that when you get more experience, you're gonna wish you went with a more powerful mustang like i do now :(
but GT's are still fun cars.

i agree with myponyrocks. you may want to go with a 99+ stang due to reliability issues, some more ponies and better features.

Yea i defineetly am not lookn for a blown car..cause i know im like F&%@ yea more power but its to much power to start off..lol but i plan to get my gt blown when im "ready" lol i got eough money saved up to get gears n a full xhaust system tho lol i love jobs!

Kinda depends on what ya want mang - I mean, the '05s and '06s are great cuz you get all the new technology (3 valve etc...), but since theyre the new thing, youre gonna empty your pockets in a hurry if you decide to mod it up...
On the flipside - you can snag a '96-'98 pretty cheap and have some money left to burn on mods, but youre gonna be starting out w/ a non-PI 2 valve (which is nice, but not exactly a tire-fryer)

IMO - if money's an issue, go old school (for my gen. at least) and grab a '96-'98 GT, spend the extra money on mods, and blow the doors off the guys who just dropped 30 grand on a new one...havin a (semi-) sleeper is a helluva lot of fun...:D

Call me crazy but...i hate the new body style..i guess i havnt givn em a chance but in my eyes i think there ugly..n how do the motors in 96-98 hold up to milage..cause i got a 96 f150 with a 4.9 inline 6 in it n its goin strong at 150000 miles..jus curious to see how far those motors hold up

H0SS302 said:
Call me crazy but...i hate the new body style..i guess i havnt givn em a chance but in my eyes i think there ugly..n how do the motors in 96-98 hold up to milage..cause i got a 96 f150 with a 4.9 inline 6 in it n its goin strong at 150000 miles..jus curious to see how far those motors hold up
4.6 modulars last a long time...many members here who are modded and over 200,000 miles.

Well my 98 gt has 135k or so and is still going. The motors are durable so you don't have to worry about that. If it has been maintained correctly, it'll give you a long life span :nice: