next mod gears or intake?

99_black_gt

Dec 30, 2003
i have a 99 gt with k&n CAI, port and polish (30cc) ford racing headers, magnaflow x-pipes w/cats magnaflow catback, i have $1000 to spend on my next mod. should i go with 3.73 gears, or TB and intake plenum .
my car is stored for the winter, and when i bring it out this spring i want to beat my friends 2001 z28. any suggestions would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

1990StangLX said:
if you're planning on getting a supercharger get some 3.73's put in, if not, get some 4.10's, and then after that get the TB and plenum

:stupid: definitely!!! mine are going in on saturday... 4.10's :nice: , I hate anticipation, hard to sleep. got my speedcal yesterday and was so anxious I installed it when I got home from work about 40* out too.

i have 3:73 and i love them with my 5 speed also i have the accufab plenum and 70mm throttle body with mac cold air and granettelli maf and that made a huge difference so go with intake first its easier to put in and results are quick

3.27 @ 30 mph in 3rd will be turning 1694.9
4.10 @ 30 mph in 3rd will be turning 2125.1

http://www.tchracing.com/tech/gearc...m&givenval=30&givenvaltype=MPH&selectedgear=3

if you get a speedcal then your speedometer will be just as accurate as before.

and as for

dorock said:
i have 3:73 and i love them with my 5 speed also i have the accufab plenum and 70mm throttle body with mac cold air and granettelli maf and that made a huge difference so go with intake first its easier to put in and results are quick

:notnice: you aren't really going to see a big increase in performance with intake and nothing else. Your best bet is to go with gear, as they will give you that SOTP feel your looking for, and one more thing.....please don't fear the gear.

Actually for 1K you build the rear complete with an Eaton Posi, 31 spline axles and 4.10/4.30, this way at least 1 part of you car is completely done. after you weld the tq boxes and axles, you won't have to touch the rear again.

For $1000 you should definitely be able to do all of those. You can the gears from http://www.gefracing.com for 139.99 plus get the install kit that comes with all the needed bearings for like $80. Might as well replace them while they are in there. Should be able to get the gears done for about $500 parts and labor. That leaves plenty for a upper plenum and throttle body.