Nice colors you would consider painting your mustang.

• Sponsors (?)

91LX_5L said:
Same.

And I agree with you Caldwell

Thanks dude.

That lizstick is SICK

man i'm not kidding you, on ebay a few years back there was a red saleen vert for sale... it had to be lizstick, it was absolutely, utterly mint. I wish to god I didn't lose those pics, pisses me off, but ah well. I kid you not it was the best looking mustang I had ever seen.

I hope the colour wasn't aftermarket (i doubt it)
but i figured that it's probably lizstick.

Caldwell said:
Thanks dude.

That lizstick is SICK

man i'm not kidding you, on ebay a few years back there was a red saleen vert for sale... it had to be lizstick, it was absolutely, utterly mint. I wish to god I didn't lose those pics, pisses me off, but ah well. I kid you not it was the best looking mustang I had ever seen.

I hope the colour wasn't aftermarket (i doubt it)
but i figured that it's probably lizstick.
well i talked to my buddy who works at an autobody shop a few months ago actually about lizstick because he was repainting his 01 cobra, and he wanted to paint it that, but saleen doesnt release the paint codes for shops to mix....so he tried and tried and tried to make something similar but couldnt get it right...finally he just decided to repaint it black like it was, but add red flake to it (looks UNBELIVABLE!!!!!) and add dsg in the insert in the hood with red striping around it.....looks unbelivable.....anyway lizstick is impossible to someby unless you order it from saleen.......:nono:

91LX_5L said:
What color is that? Lizstick Red your saying? Looks soooo good! More pics?

The only other pictures I have of the 2F2F car is this one that has us lined up in front
of Saleen Mike's old house before we went to the Saleen Club of America National Show #1 at
Performance Autosport in 2003... my 86 was on right end... shoulda kept that one...

PICT0038.JPG

Here is another shot taken at the show of the 2F2F car...
DSC00024.JPG

I'm pretty sure this car is also Lizstick Red, it was at the same show:

PICT0042.jpg

That's weird. The pics I posted earlier were supposed to be the S281E that was used in the movie. (Numbered 002) Steve told us that anyway. I think he said that they used the '00 R wing for the movie ... but then switched it out thereafter ..... :shrug:

From what I remember (and I could be wrong...) there were 4? cars used for the movie. 2 were crushed,
1 went back to Saleen (probably the E car you refer to) and 1 was sold by the movie studio on Ebay.
My friend bought the one that was on Ebay, it is not a numbered Saleen, but it has all the
same stuff an S-281 would have. It was not supercharged from the factory, he added a blower
afterwards, IIRC it was a ProCharger. He had the car for sale for quite a while with no takers, he
finally traded it in at a dealership in VA a couple of months ago. Sal just checked with them
and it was sold by the dealership, we haven't heard where it ended up.

I don't remember, but I think that 2nd car might be Rio Red? CRS syndrome, happens
when you get over 40 :shrug:

I have pictures of almost every car that was at that show as well as the MCA in Fairfax
Virginia the previous year. Some nice toys at the shows, got Steve to sign my car, etc.
There was an SA-10 at the MCA show that was to die for :nice:

tfalk said:
I don't remember, but I think that 2nd car might be Rio Red? CRS syndrome, happens
when you get over 40 :shrug:

I have pictures of almost every car that was at that show as well as the MCA in Fairfax
Virginia the previous year. Some nice toys at the shows, got Steve to sign my car, etc.
There was an SA-10 at the MCA show that was to die for :nice:

over 40!
40's the new 20 man :D

I think you're just having a THC burnout
those 70s will kills ya man :rlaugh:

you should post up an online album with all the saleen pics you have man
from what it looks like you have quite the archive
lord knows boobs like me would spend forever and a day looking at all of them.