Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

I feel like you need a rear diffuser or something around those tips?

I thought about building one off the gas tank cover, but making it work with the exhaust routing may be difficult. I do have an idea though. I just want it to be subtle and not too racecar looking.

I was looking at ABS plastic sheets in 1/8th and 1/4” thicknesses. That stuff isn’t cheap.

I like the ones Chris posted

Well that’s just too damn bad, cause that type isn’t made to fit over my current 3” pipes, lol. Although I do tweak things over and over, I rarely completely redo sh*t 2 to 7 times like our dear friend @CarMichael Angelo . If my newly ordered tips don’t fit the bill, I’ll likely just keep what I have a roll with it.

Reactions: 1 user
diffuser...but needs center exhaust exit
IMG_3683.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
I noticed something today while letting the car warm up to operating temp. It had quite a bit of engine vibration transferring through the body, which I can only assume is a result of using poly engine and transmission mounts. Way more than any of my other cars ever have. I don’t remember noticing it Last fall, so I’m guessing it was a result of being on jack stands rather than on the suspension. As I drive it and get it tuned though, I plan to tweak things as necessary to make it feel how I like for comfortable driving. Mounts may or may not change depending on how it feels while being driven.

A few months ago there was a guy that got on here that had a "discussion" with me about this...IIRC, he was bitchin because I said that rigid mounts of any kind were gonna add some NVH back into the chassis. He claimed that he had the poly mounts, and that he hadn't noticed any additional harshness.

I said that he was sensory deprived.

Think about it. Ford ( and the rest of the industry) puts the rubber mounts on the cars it builds. Not a poly, or solid ( like Mike has) for the very reasons you are noticing....the drivetrain vibrations are gonna be noticible. And depending on your car ( whether or not everything in the suspension is new, and the interior is quiet,) and your own sensitivity,....they'll be more or less noticible to you.

I don't notice the solid mounted banger until it gets to a certain RPM,..then I can feel it. ( feels like there's something wrong with the engine balance)

You just gotta decide if having a more rigidly mounted drivetrain is worth the added harshness.
The best way to do that is to reach between your legs and feel around to determine if you came factory equipped with with an inny, or an outtie.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
When I noticed some driveline vibrations with my car, I chalked it up to bad motor mounts or a bad flywheel (just did 5-spd swap) drove that way for a year

Then discovered it was a bad injector and I was really driving on 7 cyl for a year. Car still had power and would get rubber in 2nd on 7

When I noticed some driveline vibrations with my car, I chalked it up to bad motor mounts or a bad flywheel (just did 5-spd swap) drove that way for a year

Then discovered it was a bad injector and I was really driving on 7 cyl for a year. Car still had power and would get rubber in 2nd on 7
We're trying to help Nick determine his sexuality.

Reactions: 1 user