Nitrous?

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on what year motor and what size shot.

Ive run a 150 wet shot through a stock bottom end countless times without issue, but there's also going to be guys breaking parts running the same size shot, there are a lot of variables

91s have forged internals. You should have no problem spraying a decent shot to it as long as you do everything else (colder plugs, retard timing etc)

on a stock 5.0 engine? stupid or smart

While there are no issues using it, i personally don't think it falls under the smart for everyone catergory.
And yes i have used it.

Kit's can be expensive, extras for the kits cost good money too, then you have bottle refills, which in some areas can cost up to $50 a pop.

Nitrous money adds up quickly, and while it does give you a kick in the pants now and then, a H/C/I setup is far superior for fun.

So if you want to go faster and you already have a h/c/i setup and cant' afford a supercharger, i understand it's use.
But if your engine is stock, spend the money on heads and bolt on parts instead, i guarantee on a daily basis the heads are more fun to drive.

Keep in mind guys are getting 50rwhp with explorer take off gt40p parts for around $600. That's only about 25rwhp less than a 100 shot of nitrous gets you. Except you get to enjoy the gt40 parts on a daily basis.

While there are no issues using it, i personally don't think it falls under the smart for everyone catergory.
And yes i have used it.

Kit's can be expensive, extras for the kits cost good money too, then you have bottle refills, which in some areas can cost up to $50 a pop.

Nitrous money adds up, and while it does give you a kick in the pants now and then, a H/C/I setup is far superior for fun.
So if you want to go faster and you already have a h/c/i setup and cant' afford a supercharger, i understand it's use.
But if your engine is stock, spend the money on heads and bolt on parts instead, i guarantee on a daily basis the heads are more fun to drive.

very true, i think its funny when people call nitrous "cheap" if you do it right its definitly not cheap. By the time you get the kit, then a window switch, then a bottle heater, then gauges, then a blowdown tube, then a purge kit, and you still havent filled your first bottle yet. But juice is ALOT of fun... till the bottle is empty

Hmmm. Kinda disagree. I spent $550 on a Zex nitrous dry kit and went from a 14.4 at 94mph to a 13.1 at 106 mph. (125HP shot) For me it was worth it cuz I was stomping new, albeit traction limited corvettes and camaros and I am still running stock HCI. I don't think I could have got there with just a explorer intake.

For me I am saving up for a complete longblock stroker engine and the spray was a way for me to have some short term fun. I never run it on the street so I can get quite a few passes on it.

Each to their own, although I have a hard time wiping the smile off my face every time to spray comes on.

Hmmm. Kinda disagree. I spent $550 on a Zex nitrous dry kit and went from a 14.4 at 94mph to a 13.1 at 106 mph. (125HP shot) For me it was worth it cuz I was stomping new, albeit traction limited corvettes and camaros and I am still running stock HCI. I don't think I could have got there with just a explorer intake.

For me I am saving up for a complete longblock stroker engine and the spray was a way for me to have some short term fun. I never run it on the street so I can get quite a few passes on it.

Each to their own, although I have a hard time wiping the smile off my face every time to spray comes on.

A. There was something wrong with your original run.
14.4@94 has a very low mph.
B. Stock 430hp corvettes run the quarter around 12.5@115+ (even 405hp vettes run easy 12's).
C. The explorer part that makes the difference is the Heads. And yes with the intake they will easily run 13.1@106mph.
D. Picture that smile all the time, and costing you $0 a clip.

And entire explorer engine only costs $550.

1. Please explain. Sounds like I have an opportunity for improvement on my N/A time.

2.No question the vette should be running faster on street tires. The guy probably cant drive.