No oil pressure

AZNEAL311

Sep 1, 2006
Phoenix
I started the car and went to drive off and noticed a metallic grinding,rubbing noise. I checked my dash and saw no oil pressure so i shut it off. I popped the hood and noticed there was oil every where one the backside of the motor. Even on the hood,firewall,wires. It all seems to be coming from the back of the lower intake. Even my PCV valve was lifted up about half way out. The blue seal that sits between the block and intake seems to be pushed out as well. You can hear the hissing. There is oil every where under the car. Ive been noticing oil drops under the car for a couple weeks but it wasnt any thing big. I put about a Qt oil in it every week(also burning oil). There is oil in the car. Would a leak from the intake cause a no oil pressure reading? Or is it a bad oil pump, and if so how much work is it to replace. I will get pictures later, car is stuck at friends house.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, before you tear into the engine, I would fix the intake gaskets first. I have done them a few times, and it always fixes the oil leak. It only takes a few hours to do in your garage, and you can do it yourself. It should only cost you about $30-$40 for all the new gaskets and PCV valve. I would try that first, and if the grinding sound persists, then you are only out of a few bucks for the intake gaskets, but at least then you would now.

+1 on the intake gaskets. The grinding noise could very well just be more sound escaping from the engine and bouncing off the firewall, etc. because of the bad gaskets. Pick up an aftermarket oil pressure gauge and check it out, but my guess would be that if your engine is getting oil up to the intake to push it out all over everything, you have oil pressure.