Novi 1000?

ctupton

Founding Member
Nov 4, 2001
Keller, TX
did a search and didn't find much info... Tell me ladies and gents what is up with the Novi 1000... I've heard the Novi 2000 is awsome, is the 1000 just as awsome just smaller and not as much potential? would it be better for a Daily Driver... what type of power can I get with this blower.. and then how much could I get if I later add the intercooler and powerpipe to it?

Thanks
Chris

• Sponsors (?)

I'll bite!!! I've had my NOVI 1000 for two years now and I'm very happy with it. Yes it's a smaller blower than the 2000, but it still manages to get the job done. I haven't gotten to the track, but it pumped out 350rwhp, with the stock pulley. I'm going to add a intake before going back to dyno, maybe (RR Intake). I've drop the pulley down to 2.75 Paxton Pulley,AFM PP, and SMC Kit which I'm trying to figure out to activate during boost. I like the kit it's been safe on my engine, and later on down the road, I'll probably change head units for the 2000. If you want something fast for the street and not hungry for horsepower get the 1000, if you want something that will grow later, get the 2000.

96GT
00 Engine
NOVI 1000
FMS Shorties
Mac Prochamber
TFX Pacesetter CB
42lb injectors
255lph Walbro pump
70mm TB
87mm Pro-M
Aeromotive FPR
Houston Performance Dyno Tune

I also have a 1K on my 00 GT Auto trans. I love it. Very conservative tune putting down 315/335. There is more in it but I figured that I had two choices; a really fast car with lots of rwhp (aggresive tune), or a "quick" car that is fun to drive that will last 100,000 miles. I chose the latter. By the way, after 3000 miles on the blower the plugs looked BRAND NEW. Yeah, I left some hp on the table but can (and have many times :( )
hit the rev limiter pretty hard and not be afraid of blowing every time. Guess you figured out that I am fairly happy? :)

hey i dont have the paxton blower but i just want to say.... everyone is so concerned with witch one will make the most horsepower.... with a stock engine.... putting on a blower and making 350rwhp is great. you put on a set of slicks and you can tear off some great times. you put one 10 lbs of boost or something and making 450rwhp... your engine isnt gonna last long and your only gonna spin unless you wnat to spend thousands on a better tranny, suspension, drive shaft, etc.... the paxton novie 1000 is a great kit from what ive heard... if you want a good street car go with it if you want a race car get the 2000 pump up the boost invest a whole lot of money and then you might be happy... prolly not unless you have another car to drive everyday.... thats just my opinion. ive been looking at buying the 1000 thats how i found this thread. but good luck and be careful.

i was going to get the novi 1000 , and debated on the idea for probably 6 months , looked at procharger and kenne bell , -non intercooled for $$ reasons , the ordered a vortech SQ no cooler , for the simple reason , has all the great features of the novi 1000 that i liked but will boost more down the road with a pulley change , and is probably the easiest and most versatile kit to change for your needs if you change things later