Official Tremec 3650 Issues Thread

• Sponsors (?)

My Bullitt got a fix in January. 1-2 gears, synchros and blocking rings. I also know that this was the old fix. I should add that the Bullitt feels adn drives great now.

So I called the stealership and mentioned this TSB...asking when I should bring mine in. My Service Advisor (who I went with on the work in Jan.) said that the TSB' were "only for mechanics" and that they had to verify the problem to do the work.

WTF??? Over??? :bs: :bang: :mad:

Brandon

Whose all leaving on their after market shifters? Is that a good idea? My dealer ordered the parts the day I gave him the TSB number which was Friday. My car was in for a fuel pump replacement yestesday due to starting issues (I bought a lemon by the way, oh nevermind, I forgot it's a FORD) and they said they wanted to keep the car to do the tranny fix, but I told them I wanted to bring it in another day. It goes back in tomorrow. But I have to replace my steeda shifter with the stock one. Should I replace the shifter with the stock one to be safe?

Well I finally one my battle against the dealer. The car will be getting the TSB fix. They will also look at the clutch and the pressure plate to see if they are OK as well. If the pressure plate is bad that will be fixed under warranty. If the clutch is bad they will give me the option if I want to pay for that being replaced.

Which comes to my next question,.. how can you tell if a clutch is bad besides it slipping. I mean if you physically were looking at the clutch what would be the signs of a worn or burnt clutch?

Thanks,

WTF

Called Dearborn, MI today Customer service desk..........they have no knowledge of TSB #04-15-6, is that possible? The dealerships here in northwest, fl. have no clue either. is there buy any chance a service advisor that can verify this TSB. I think it might be a conspiracy against Stang owners in the Sunshine State

TSB Fix is in

Got my Mach back at noon today and how sweet it is to drive a 5spd that shifts nice and smooth. I tried all the different up and down shifts that used to be notchy or would grind,,,,smooth and positive, which is what I expected from day one. Even tried some speed shifts,,no problem. Hope this holds up.

P.S. my dealer had no problem finding the TSB, I' been bugging him for the last 6 months. :nice:

Anyone have any more information for this tsb 04-15-06, part number 3R3Z-7124-AC

I checked http://www.alldata.com/recalls/ but last one they have is 03-16-4 AUG 03 Engine - Ticking Noise at Idle

My 1-2 grind isn't that bad, usually only the first shift in the morning. I don't know if I even want them messing with the transmission though, the last few things they were supposed to fix they just fu*ked up even more.

I got my 1-2 grind fixed this past January. Since these are new parts and more of them, I called my service writer about getting the new fix. Obviously, there is a reason for the fix because I went through this in January.

He said the car has to be experiencing the 1-2 grind before he can install the new parts. :fuss: I should not that the shifting is fine now, but we'll see when the cold weather comes.

WTF?? over...

Anybody got any ideas on who to call "up the ladder"??

brando said:
I

He said the car has to be experiencing the 1-2 grind before he can install the new parts. :fuss: I should not that the shifting is fine now, but we'll see when the cold weather comes.

The exact wording of the TSB is "Jumps out of gear 2nd and/or 3rd, Clash noise and/or raspy feel on gear engagement"

It doesn't necessarily need to be griding. Any notchiness and "weird" shifting should qualify you for it

*TR3650 manual transmission-jumps out of gear 2nd and or 3rd-clash noise and or raspy feel on gear engagement.

Some 2001-2003 Mustang vehicles, equipped with TR3650 5 speed manual transmission may exhibit a clash noise and or a raspy (rough) feel on gear engagement during 1-2 or 2-3 shifts. The transmission may also exhibit a jump-out from 2nd and or 3rd gear. The condition may be more pronounced when the transmission is colder than 40 degrees F.

So what's the deal. Isn't anyone happy that they finally have the fix out!? How is everyone's fix doing? Mines been the shop for 2 days now for the fix and a starting problem. I can't wait until I get it back.

Let's get some feed back! :nice: It's been out for over a week.

I just got my car back last night. it takes third better at high rpm. but the notchiness is still there not as much as a heavy fell but still notchy. i dunno maybe time will tell.... i was so used to having to shift slow that it was like learning how to drive all over again. so.... it takes gears no problem but as far as notchy... its still there.

RedPony said:
Called Dearborn, MI today Customer service desk..........they have no knowledge of TSB #04-15-6, is that possible? The dealerships here in northwest, fl. have no clue either. is there buy any chance a service advisor that can verify this TSB. I think it might be a conspiracy against Stang owners in the Sunshine State

Red pony where do you live? Which dealer are you dealing with? I live in Pcola and got mine from Gulf Breeze Ford. I was wondering if I should talk to them about this.

zkiller18 said:
I just got my car back last night. it takes third better at high rpm. but the notchiness is still there not as much as a heavy fell but still notchy. i dunno maybe time will tell.... i was so used to having to shift slow that it was like learning how to drive all over again. so.... it takes gears no problem but as far as notchy... its still there.

See this makes me wonder if its even worth doing it. It doesn't seem like this tsb completely fixes this. I think this transmission is just a pos.

Those who need this fix

boby said:
See this makes me wonder if its even worth doing it. It doesn't seem like this tsb completely fixes this. I think this transmission is just a pos.
This owner only has one grind on the first shift. Most of the complaints are much more serious than this. I would leave it alone. And another owner of a 2004 Mustang talks of trying to get this TSB performed-- we should note the TSB is for 2001 to 2003 only. This strongly suggests that the 2004 cars have already have the good parts.

20BlackGT02 said:
So what's the deal. Isn't anyone happy that they finally have the fix out!? How is everyone's fix doing? Mines been the shop for 2 days now for the fix and a starting problem. I can't wait until I get it back.

Let's get some feed back! :nice: It's been out for over a week.

I confirmed that mine has all the parts that were called out in the TSB. Am I happy? Yes and no. It is better, but the first couple of 1-2nd shifts is still not smooth. It takes much more effort and just doesn't feel healthy. The feeling isn't the vibrating clashing that I felt before, but more of a muted grind. I just hope that it doesn't get worse over time.