Oil And Plugs

FSTGTWY

Nov 23, 2016
Hello,

I just purchased a 2012 GT Premium. This is my first muscle car. I would like to know what the best oil, spark plugs and spark plug wires are for the car. I plan to do only bolt-on mods down the line. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I go Mobil 1 synthetic, only drive in the summer, seemingly done alright for the past several years. I recently changed stock plugs at 38K for NGK Iridium 1X, had a long road trip and have about 2K on them with no problems. Remember to use anti-seize if you replace plugs or you or the next owner will not be happy. No wires on the 12, they have coil on plugs. Don't see many people swapping coil packs. There are some upgrades, but cost to return seems pretty low.

I believe when you are forced induction you start to worry about heat range, at least that's what I gathered when I did limited research before buying. Maybe someone will chime in and correct me...

I'm currently in a 12 GT with pretty much full bolt-ons and I went with the 1X like I said above. I am no expert, I just try to do a lot of reading, and asking like you are now. Some people may not like this, but if you go on American Muscle or similar sites there is an option to chat with someone. Before buying anything I like to go on every couple days (to get someone new) and talk to one of the "experts" and pick their brains. I usually get answers that will at least steer me in the right direction.