Oil blowing out of my dipstick tube

I have a 95 cobra with a vortech v1, edelbrock performer intake and heads, 700mm tb, 80mm maf, 30# injectors, bbk long tubes. After I put the heads and intake on i took it for a teast run and smelled burning oil. When I popped the hood there was smoke coming from the headers. I noticed oil spray on the firewall and oil on the dipstick. I put a cap on the dipstick tube and it didn't do it, but I figured that it needed to vent somewhere so i put the dipstick back in. I have replaced the pcv valve cause I thought that could have been the problemm but it wasn't. I also disconnected the tube that goes from the oil fill cap area to the intake side of the blower and this slowed down the oil spray at part throttle but still really bad at wot. I need help really bad this is my daily driver. Thanks Frank.

• Sponsors (?)

It could be the 700mm throttle body thats just a little too big for your application, A 650mm would be perfect J/K :D :banana: I think most have to replace the oil filler cap with an open filter so the pressure can be vented. Good luck.

whe nu get on it real hard, does it smoke alot? does oil spit out anywhere it can? if it does, u might have blowby, i know cuz i had it, now i just ordered a DSS shortblock, blowby sucks! i hope ur car does not have it.

Check to make sure that your dipstick tube doesn't have a hole in it. I've had that problem twice, sprayed oil all over the header. With those long tubes on I'm sure you had to bend the dip stick tube around, it might have got kinked and developed a hole.

There have been NUMEROUS posts about this. Bling (MIke) and I rigged up a breather system, since technically youre not supposed to use a PCV AND breather cap (PCV is really intended for a "closed" system.

The nipple on the oil filler tube serves the same purpose as a breather by allowing excess pressure to escape. The shop that did my install left a hose on that nipple and stuck the hose down in the fender well. I found out though, that air was being sucked in to the tube. THAT AIR IS DIRTY AND UNMETERED!. The same thing happens with the breather, except the air is filtered, but still unmetered.

Try capping off the oil filler hole, starting the car, and see if there is air sucking into te dipstick...If there is and you put a breather on, unmetered air is coming into the crank.

Here is the system we rigged up....allows air to be sucked in AFTER the MAM, but also allows ventillation from the oil filler tube. If oil were to go backwards, it would get trapped by the filter...but hasnt yet. Good luck.
RC
663121BreatherSystem.jpg

835898EnginePolished43.jpg

(you can see it a little on the pass side fender wall

so that stopped the problem of too much crank case pressure? its not so much the dipstick problem its the increased crank case pressure that i dont understand. it didnt do it before the heads and intake. i know that breathers will vent the pressure i just wanna find out what is causing the extra pressure.