Oil choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGT

Founding Member
May 24, 2002
Sparta,WI
Went to my local walmart to pick up some oil and i just wanted standard oil not synthetic. I found zero...everything was synthetic the only oil that was not
was the Motorcraft synthetic blend. Went to my local Farm and Fleet where i usually by a case of oil and the only non synthetic they had was Farm and Fleet
brand, which i picked up for my mower/blower. So is synthetic all you can get now or? My motor does not have many miles on it and iv always just used standard
oil. Will the Motorcraft blend be alright? Iv heard synthetic will leak more if you have any leaks, which i do out of the back of the pan.

• Sponsors (?)

you can thank the Biden regime for the shortage of parts, oil, etc. unless your motor has excessive miles or issues, the synthetic blend should be fine. I ran into the same thing lately and ended up getting Mobil 1 10w 30 for my 86 and will be changing the oil this weekend. Still waiting on the Fl1A filters I ordered a week ago. Luckily i buy multiples at a time.

as an fyi i've run Rotella T4 15w 40 for years in my fox body cars if you want to stay with Dino oil. I wouldnt use it in car up North in the winter though.

Reactions: 1 user
you can thank the Biden regime for the shortage of parts, oil, etc. unless your motor has excessive miles or issues, the synthetic blend should be fine. I ran into the same thing lately and ended up getting Mobil 1 10w 30 for my 86 and will be changing the oil this weekend. Still waiting on the Fl1A filters I ordered a week ago. Luckily i buy multiples at a time.

as an fyi i've run Rotella T4 15w 40 for years in my fox body cars if you want to stay with Dino oil. I wouldnt use it in car up North in the winter though.
bullsht.

I wouldn't take any advice from anybody that still clings to conspiracy theory. Even when talking about oil.
I just came from O reilly’s yesterday…My oil choices were alive and well..for everything from crude to full syn. Strange I know,…clearly the Biden effect hasn’t affected Alabama.

Last edited:
On a lighter note,I've used the motorcraft blend or full syn. For the last fourteen years of daily driving. I'll turn 200 or 300 k miles this month.
I have no oil leaks since rear mail seal replacement.

I typically run valvoline max life full synthetic high mileage 10w-30 in mine. This month I did the annual service and used STPs version of that out of convenience. The high mileage oils have seal conditioners in them to help stop leaks in higher mileage vehicles. I dont have any issues using it.
Owners choice on brand, many make a high mileage oil if your concerned about the effects of full synthetic oil.

Synthetic does not leak more, it tends to have higher detergents that will clean away sludge better which if your engine has worn seals/gaskets that are covered by sludge may cause those areas to now leak. The leaky area was already there it's just now cleaner and able to leak more. Sometimes if the engine is not worth fixing right you can run just fine for a while using conventional oil and avoiding this, but it's a band-aid fix at best. If you use pure synthetic in an engine from new you will likely have FEWER leaks for a longer time as the engine will stay clean and the synthetic oil will prevent more of the wear that causes the leaks.

Oil, gasket and machining tolerances have evolved, example: 'the dump truck' 7.3 turbo with 600k+ on it, original gaskets 'cept water pump/t stat housing, used synthetic blend for over 500k and if it sat a week I find only a couple drips of oil on cardboard that is coming from the dipstick seal on oil pan and rear main seal that was replaced at 160k miles.

bullsht.

I wouldn't take any advice from anybody that still clings to conspiracy theory. Even when talking about oil.
I just came from O reilly’s yesterday…My oil choices were alive and well..for everything from crude to full syn. Strange I know,…clearly the Biden effect hasn’t affected Alabama.
Well....1 out of 50 state's is good....right? :shrug:

Anyone know who makes the Farm and Fleet oil? I did find a Motorcraft filter, ill just pick up some of the Motorcraft blend at wally world.

The rear leak isnt bad just a few drips. You know how oil leaks are, a small leak always looks alot worse then it is. The Canton pan i used was a huge POS,
i should have sent it back and just used a Ford swap pan. Motor only has couple thousand miles on it tops.

The synthetic oil has had seal conditioners for some time so it does not leak more than traditional oils.
Unless you know who makes it, private label oils are asking for trouble. Dollar Store type oils have had many recalls for being junk, and private testing results show bad things.

If that’s your car in the avatar, you can run any 10w30 that has the newest specifications with your roller cam.

Flat tappet (non roller camshaft) cams will do better with specific zinc and moly content.

bullsht.

Somebody forgot to take their Ritalin I see

Conspiracy theory.. what a tool

Reactions: 2 users

I’m guessing that you think Biden has global influence then ? That would be why BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Jag, Land Rover, and every other GLOBAL auto manufacturer isn’t producing anything either? Toyota closing down 40% of their production facilities…,( hint, Toyota is a Japanese company) Chinese Freighters unable to unload their sht…Read what you just linked me. I’m not doubting the supply chain shortages, I’m laughing that you tag Biden for causing it.
That’s the conspiracy theory.

What a dull edge’d tool.

Last edited:
I’m guessing that you think Biden has global influence then ? That would be why BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Jag, Land Rover, and every other GLOBAL auto manufacturer isn’t producing anything either? Toyota closing down 40% of their production facilities…,( hint, Toyota is a Japanese company) Chinese Freighters unable to unload their sht…Read what you just linked me. I’m not doubting the supply chain shortages, I’m laughing that you tag Biden for causing it.
That’s the conspiracy theory.
And the stuff needs moved when unloaded.
Biden did not make the laws that made hardship forced private truck owners operators in CA, or their emission standards that are quickly headed towards short range electric semi trucks.

The rest of my family lives in Norway, can't get :poo: there either. It's a global shortage, because certain areas weren't able to produce during Rona season. Stop blaming everything on someone you don't like. It's unhealthy.

Kurt

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users
Went to my local walmart to pick up some oil and i just wanted standard oil not synthetic. I found zero...everything was synthetic the only oil that was not
was the Motorcraft synthetic blend. Went to my local Farm and Fleet where i usually by a case of oil and the only non synthetic they had was Farm and Fleet
brand, which i picked up for my mower/blower. So is synthetic all you can get now or? My motor does not have many miles on it and iv always just used standard
oil. Will the Motorcraft blend be alright? Iv heard synthetic will leak more if you have any leaks, which i do out of the back of the pan.

How many miles is not many miles? I would keep regular in it for at least a few thousand. Try another store.

Kurt

The rest of my family lives in Norway, can't get :poo: there either. It's a global shortage, because certain areas weren't able to produce during Rona season. Stop blaming everything on someone you don't like. It's unhealthy.

Kurt
So can I blame it on people I do like? :jester:
@General karthief @Noobz347 , which one of you are causing shortages in Walmart?
Which one of the rest of you hogged all the paper products???
The grilling thread told me who all is hogging all the meats.
@MRaburn are you hogging all the computer chips?

Reactions: 1 users
Instead of trying to place blame on someone for causing a problem, let's see if they're going to solve it.

I wouldn't bet on it.

Instead of bringing politics into this let's give the op some sound advice on oil choices.
Like go to a Auto Parts store where you can pick from different brands and types motor oil, if you want beer and chips go to walmart.

So can I blame it on people I do like? :jester:
@General karthief @Noobz347 , which one of you are causing shortages in Walmart?
Which one of the rest of you hogged all the paper products???
The grilling thread told me who all is hogging all the meats.
@MRaburn are you hogging all the computer chips?
Don't blame me for the gt40 tubular intake shortage.

• Clever
  • Happy
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.