Oil Pressure Question.

I have a stock 95 GT convertible that has been sitting for approximately 6 years while I stripped and re painted it, and moved too. It is now back together, and I want to start driving it. It was running hot (coolant) and I just replaced the radiator and t stat, and that problem is now solved. However, the oil pressure gauge is reading high, I think, somewhere between the m and l of the word normal on the gauge. What should be a normal oil pressure for this car? I changed the oil too, and it seems to run perfectly. Where does that gauge sit on other people's cars? I've heard some people say the gauges are no good, but I don't want to take any chances. Any help or advice is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

The stock gauge is often just an on/off switch. Higher pressure is not a bad thing however I would buy a manual oil pressure gauge and hook it up (just leave it under the hood for testing then remove it) and see what the pressure actually is. The oil sending unit is cheap and replaced easily. It is located above the oil filter and has one wire going to it.