Ok.. Need HONEST opinions....

• Sponsors (?)

Fox and WRX. I kept my fox, sold my daily and got a slower AWD dd. I am so happy I did this. I know an STI will be a fast car, but there is a difference hot rodding around in an STI and a 5.0. Sure the STI might be faster, but cruising around in a 5.0 just has a different feel to it. Now you might not have see it, but to me its hard to beat the feel of driving around in a 5.0 with a smaller motored car.

By the way, when you start racing and beating on the STI as well as modding it, it will get expensive.

NJ snow, how much do you get a year. A couple decent storms (6-8+ inches) and maybe a half dozen dustings to a few inches? From my time down in Central Jersey this seemed to be the norm. Not that an AWD car wouldnt be great in that, but necessary?

Well i live in Minnesota and usually the roads in the winter have either NO snow or very little. Yes we get blizzards and ****, but you dont go driving to work in a damn blizzard ya know? i'd say **** that and just take the snowmobile if you wanted to go to work that bad! and honestly, you likes work that much?!

Some of us have to go to work, snow or not. I did it for years with a 5.0 and then a 2.3 Mustang. Now I have an AWD car (AWD was actually not a selling point, and kind of dragged away for me) and will have NO worries when it snows 8+ inches. Its not like I can toss on the news and see if work was cancelled.

Personally I wouldnt want an AWD vehicle unless I had issues in the past getting places in bad weather. Its a nice feature to have, but has its downfalls.

Ha all wheel drive or not you can still very easily go in the ditch. Me and my dad pull cars out of the ditch all winter in our tow truck. Its all the driver, if your good you can drive a 2 wheel drive rear wheel drive car in 8 inches, some cars like AWD cars are better yes but its mostly the driver and how dumb they are for going fast. "Oh i got AWD i can still do 50". Sorry buddy but you can't! Now your late for work and we charge you $75.00 bucks to get it out of the ditch, and then you drive back home anyways. ha.

I think everyone said it already but go for the Fox & Rex. I haven't heard one complaint out of all the guys I know who own a WRX, so they must be pretty fun.

Ha all wheel drive or not you can still very easily go in the ditch. Me and my dad pull cars out of the ditch all winter in our tow truck. Its all the driver, if your good you can drive a 2 wheel drive rear wheel drive car in 8 inches, some cars like AWD cars are better yes but its mostly the driver and how dumb they are for going fast. "Oh i got AWD i can still do 50". Sorry buddy but you can't! Now your late for work and we charge you $75.00 bucks to get it out of the ditch, and then you drive back home anyways. ha.

+1.

I drove my Stang this past winter in 6 inches of snow and ice w/no traction and did just fine. However, drove past jacked up 4x4's, suvs, and jeeps that had gotten stuck or hit power polls. It's all about the driver.

Yeah, I actually got out of a field that a friends Wrangler got stuck in. He decided to go one way I went the other. He went slow I kept my speed steady and right. My 5.0 Mustang with 17" wheels got out, the jeep got stuck and then wouldnt get out in 4 High. Needed 4Low and about 10 minutes to get out. The two vehicles were no more than 15 feet apart too!

I did the 2wd in the snow thing. It works but I will enjoy not even having to think about it. I too have seen tons of morons in SUVs and trucks stuck and smashed up when i drove by in the Mustang!

For ten years its my job to plow highways here in Chicago, the last four on 394, a windblown stretch of empty road, covers over in minutes. The AWD's that have a problem are, 80% of the time, piloted by those that feel they're immune to the laws of physics and think inertia won't carry their dumb asses off the road, usually cell-phone aided stupidity. My DD 97 4.6 T-Bird wasn't the problem, when I had it, the other mental defectives on the road were. Still, if you get snow, the AWD will help. The ABS will help more. WRX and Fox:nice:

get a WRX...right around 10k..that way you can keep your fox...nice coupe you got there.....then...turbo the WRX down the road!

thankyou for the props on my coupe mang! :nice: the WRX is turbed already.. its a 2.0 turbocharged 227 HP boxter engine.

Fox and WRX. I kept my fox, sold my daily and got a slower AWD dd. I am so happy I did this. I know an STI will be a fast car, but there is a difference hot rodding around in an STI and a 5.0. Sure the STI might be faster, but cruising around in a 5.0 just has a different feel to it. Now you might not have see it, but to me its hard to beat the feel of driving around in a 5.0 with a smaller motored car.

By the way, when you start racing and beating on the STI as well as modding it, it will get expensive.

NJ snow, how much do you get a year. A couple decent storms (6-8+ inches) and maybe a half dozen dustings to a few inches? From my time down in Central Jersey this seemed to be the norm. Not that an AWD car wouldnt be great in that, but necessary?

your right, we dont have much snow. the occasional 6 inch storm, mostly just dustings. I do not want the car for the AWD factor as much. I just like WRX's.. I would do an audi, i really like the 02+ a4's like you just bought, there are some other models i like as well. Ill keep my options open, but im really leaning toward the WRX.. The power and sound of a fox is just a one of a kind!

Your notch too nice for winter duty! Hey, those Audi's, quality issues the Subaru won't ever have, but a few years back I was working an ice storm at Harlem Ave/159th Street intersection (a very busy place) here in lovely Chicago, about 2 am. At the stoplight next to my 17 tons of salt-spreading fun was this A4. Light turned green, he took off like it was 72 and sunny!:jaw: AWD very nice!

if the wrx is turboed already thats a different story, but to buy a wrx and mod it would cost more than the sti, and it is alot easier and cheaper to build another fox, buying a wrx to save money and then to put the money you save into mods isnt very logical.

Dude.......dude. No. Man....no. You cant get rid of my cars red twin. Not cool man, not cool. I'll put it like this, dont do it. That car gives me rigamortis in my testicular area.

Last year I almost sold mine because of my back, the hard clutching hurt by back and it was a rough ride. When the time came to sell, and that was the only reason to sell, I couldnt do it. I love the car too much, and I love your car too much so you cant. Some teenage douchebag will **** it up. My solution...I replaced the seats with 99 seats, mucho better.

Keep it, get the wrx.

Oh yeah guys i forgot to mention STIs still handle like crap in rain and even worse in snow...It is better than mustang but my friend would slide out even in his car and in snow he could barely move....Just letting you know...I think a regular WRX would be a better idea...since you would still have a pretty quick DD

Dude.......dude. No. Man....no. You cant get rid of my cars red twin. Not cool man, not cool. I'll put it like this, dont do it. That car gives me rigamortis in my testicular area.

Last year I almost sold mine because of my back, the hard clutching hurt by back and it was a rough ride. When the time came to sell, and that was the only reason to sell, I couldnt do it. I love the car too much, and I love your car too much so you cant. Some teenage douchebag will **** it up. My solution...I replaced the seats with 99 seats, mucho better.

Keep it, get the wrx.

allll right if you say so ill keep it :nice: The more I think about it, and the more I look at it, I can't sell her. So no worries ill keep her and get the WRX :nice:

get a wrx as a dd, sti is pointless unless your going to race it. Heres my old WRX.
rexrims3.jpg