OK to mount N20 bottle behind seats?

RoadracerGT

Founding Member
Aug 16, 2002
Loudon, TN
I have a batt. reloc. kit that will be occupying the normal N20 bottle spot in the trunk, and my next place that I can think of to mount would be behind one of the seats for easy valve open and closing.

Would this cause any danger issues? It's not like im going to drive around with 950psi in there all the time.......chances are it will only be the one or three times i goto the track.

Ive seen a guy on here put one under his dash(hidden), but didnt know if anyone has mounted one where Im thinking.

I think it was Stedda that had two bottle on his RSD, but thats a little bit to obvious for me, but its not like im hiding the system.

Also, now that im typing.......where in the world are you guys running your wires/N20 line through the firewall?! From looking under the hood, I can see no easy "poke through's", just one big blob of rubber used for something big. It looks as though there are alota wires going through the dr.fender and THEN through the firewall? If I take the fender linder out, are there some there?

Thanks for reading, help if you can,
Tony

• Sponsors (?)

I would just mount the bottle in the trunk on the oppisite side of the battery. Also I can't remember which rubber gromet I poked through but I took the antenna off the car and taped the wires to it and pushed the antenna through the gromet. Worked like a charm.

Well damn......you guys make the wires into the cabin seem like you just did it like shifting gears?! I dont see anything on my firewall. Could i take that plastic piece of the cowl off, to reveal something?

the only thing i have to says is if you still want to put the tank inside, is fo any reason you are in trouble...then with a tank inside you could be in big ****...just walk back there and open the valve