OMG, They did it now :(

jmuva44 said:
I know, you act like the ricers invented that wing. That wing has been around forever...the ricers stole it!! That wing is not rice. You can think its ugly till you are blue in the face. Thats fine. It still serves its purpose. I dont think any other wing that you would prefer to see on there would function as well. Thats just all there is to it. They have too much put into that car as far as motor, tires, tranny, racing interior and all to have to impress you with a stupid wing. Thats not why they put it on there. Its a RACE wing on a RACE car. Are you getting this at all?? Geez....lol

Watch Speedvision sometimes. If you watch the transam series with the porsches and bmws and mustangs and such, you will see that the majority of them use....what? The very wing you see above. Thats right. REAL race cars use that wing. Consider yourself learned.

Stare at the wing a little harder and you may see a little Formula 1/Indy in it. Yup, they use similar wings there. I guess they are all just trying to impress the ricer crowd. That must be their intentions.

I never once stated this wing came FROM ricers. Learned what? That you are an *******? yeah i got that. I gave my opinion of the car, if you cant DEAL with that, thats just too bad. I spent 7 years working on imports and I know what rice is. Now you can stick your RACE wing where the sun dont shine cause I am done with this topic of an ugly ass peice of trash. Viper'll stomp its ass anyway.

Road racing is for wangs.

• Sponsors (?)

Green_Meanie said:
I never once stated this wing came FROM ricers. Learned what? That you are an *******? yeah i got that. I gave my opinion of the car, if you cant DEAL with that, thats just too bad. I spent 7 years working on imports and I know what rice is. Now you can stick your RACE wing where the sun dont shine cause I am done with this topic of an ugly ass peice of trash. Viper'll stomp its ass anyway.

Road racing is for wangs.
that wing aint rice dude....you may think its ugly...thats fine but its not rice...i think that learned should be changed to "owned" and i doubt a production Viper would stomp that thing...the Viper is just about as close to a racecar for the street as you can get but this IS a race car....the Viper Comp Coupe maybe....but not a stock RT/10, GTS, or SRT-10....and road racing is NOT for wangs....as someone who appears to be a fan of Vipers you should know that from the Viper's racing history and the fact that Vipers were built for road racing NOT drag racing....

Anthony

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
that wing aint rice dude....you may think its ugly...thats fine but its not rice...i think that learned should be changed to "owned" and i doubt a production Viper would stomp that thing...the Viper is just about as close to a racecar for the street as you can get but this IS a race car....the Viper Comp Coupe maybe....but not a stock RT/10, GTS, or SRT-10....and road racing is NOT for wangs....as someone who appears to be a fan of Vipers you should know that from the Viper's racing history and the fact that Vipers were built for road racing NOT drag racing....

Anthony

You are comparing a production line Viper to a race car, you guys said it yourselves, its a RACE car. So you think this THING could take a RACE built Viper? As for the road race thing, I was just mad. I do enjoy watching road racing.

well it depends on what "Race Viper" your talking about....The GTS-R/T campaigned by teams like Oreca at LeMans??...of course not but those cars have 600+ hp with motors that prolly cost as much as the GTR concept car will cost...now the new Viper Comp Coupe has 525hp and 550 lb-ft torque so i think this GTR could pose a more than decent threat there....

Anthony

Like I said, you can call the wing or the car or the paint job what you like. I dont care what your opinion is cuz its yours, not mine. All I'm stating are the facts. If you dont like the facts, I apologize. Its a race wing on a race car. Its always been a race wing and there are many examples of it being so. It serves a purpose as do many other parts of any car. These functional parts are not meant to be pretty, cute or any other word youwant to use. They are meant to perform. Thats all I"m saying. That being said, by an actual definition, they are not rice. :) You are using rice as in if a fart can import car has it, its rice. Their car may be rice, but their individual parts by themselves are not. Rice is using a high performance part or accessory for the purpose solely of show. I dont think this car is only for show. If you want to call it rice, then so be it. I really dont care what you think it is or what it is capable of. I am a huge fan of all types of racing and realize what each individual part on that car is meant to do. You are only looking at the car for what it looks like and not for what it is.

jmuva44 said:
Like I said, you can call the wing or the car or the paint job what you like. I dont care what your opinion is cuz its yours, not mine. All I'm stating are the facts. If you dont like the facts, I apologize. Its a race wing on a race car. Its always been a race wing and there are many examples of it being so. It serves a purpose as do many other parts of any car. These functional parts are not meant to be pretty, cute or any other word youwant to use. They are meant to perform. Thats all I"m saying. That being said, by an actual definition, they are not rice. :) You are using rice as in if a fart can import car has it, its rice. Their car may be rice, but their individual parts by themselves are not. Rice is using a high performance part or accessory for the purpose solely of show. I dont think this car is only for show. If you want to call it rice, then so be it. I really dont care what you think it is or what it is capable of. I am a huge fan of all types of racing and realize what each individual part on that car is meant to do. You are only looking at the car for what it looks like and not for what it is.

Point taken. I nderstand what you are saying and I agree, but this particular car, in the pic, looks like a rice rocket. If it was painted like a race car then you are right, I would not consider it to be rice, but it is not. It is painted like a street car, therefore I am basing my opinion on that. On the street I would consider this to be ricey(where most of this equipment would be useless).

Okay, I'm glad that we can talk about this now rather than argue. I agree with you that on the street, It would maybe be ricey. But that would only be because it would "look" out of place and "look" like an authentic ricer. However I dont think the term rice should be based solely on how a car looks. I think rice should be applied to how a car performs. If a car has a certain part (muffler, wing, aero package, decals, badges...anything that is meant for or represents performance) and it is an econobox, then that is rice. I dunno. I mean rice isnt an actual word so its hard to try come up with a definition. My problem is I just get tired of hearing rice this rice that on this site. I'd just assume the word doesnt exist cuz its a silly word, everyone has a different definition AND it reminds me of the silly importers that think their car is much faster than it is. Anyways, I think I've added as much to this thread as is possible.

Nice talkin to ya!!

Green_Meanie said:
Point taken. I nderstand what you are saying and I agree, but this particular car, in the pic, looks like a rice rocket. If it was painted like a race car then you are right, I would not consider it to be rice, but it is not. It is painted like a street car, therefore I am basing my opinion on that. On the street I would consider this to be ricey(where most of this equipment would be useless).
i understand your point but i have a few ?'s....you say it should be painted like a racecar? what exactly do you mean? most racecars are painted and then # decals and sponsor decals etc. are placed on...so this car is just missing all those decals which im sure you would say were ricey...and your statement about if you saw it on the street it would be ricey because the equipment is useless....so the guy who buys a Viper/corvette/mustang/whatever...and turns it into a serious track racer but also drives the car on the street you would consider him ricey unless he removed his aero equipment before driving it on the street?

Anthony

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
i understand your point but i have a few ?'s....you say it should be painted like a racecar? what exactly do you mean? most racecars are painted and then # decals and sponsor decals etc. are placed on...so this car is just missing all those decals which im sure you would say were ricey...and your statement about if you saw it on the street it would be ricey because the equipment is useless....so the guy who buys a Viper/corvette/mustang/whatever...and turns it into a serious track racer but also drives the car on the street you would consider him ricey unless he removed his aero equipment before driving it on the street?

Anthony

I knew this would be brought up. 1) no I would not consider the stickers that would be added ricey. It would tell me just by looking at it that it is a purpose meant racecar, but just by looking at the picture posted it screams ricerocket. i shouldnt have to read all the info on it to KNOW that it is meant to be a racecar, know what I am getting at? Why did Ford put it in the show looking like a street car? They wanted to have the mustang appeal to the young crowd that is basically the "ricer" trend. I have been to car shows and have seen race purpose cars and they were painted and decalled like such, so again why did Ford decide against this? Same answer as above. MARKETING.2) Good question and a hard call, I admit at first glance I would call it ricey, but if I talked to the guy and the rest of the car "could" back it up and "is" actually raced, then I would change my opinion.

jmuva44 said:
Okay, I'm glad that we can talk about this now rather than argue. I agree with you that on the street, It would maybe be ricey. But that would only be because it would "look" out of place and "look" like an authentic ricer. However I dont think the term rice should be based solely on how a car looks. I think rice should be applied to how a car performs. If a car has a certain part (muffler, wing, aero package, decals, badges...anything that is meant for or represents performance) and it is an econobox, then that is rice. I dunno. I mean rice isnt an actual word so its hard to try come up with a definition. My problem is I just get tired of hearing rice this rice that on this site. I'd just assume the word doesnt exist cuz its a silly word, everyone has a different definition AND it reminds me of the silly importers that think their car is much faster than it is. Anyways, I think I've added as much to this thread as is possible.

Nice talkin to ya!!

Ok. I appologize for going off earlier. Later. I'll drop the future use of rice as it brings alot of conterversy on this site.

I wish that wing where bigger, geez, what is wrong with you guys?
if FORD ever made a mustang with AWD, would you guy's bash that as well?
I like Ford's thinking on cars. Have bigger wings on their fastest cars. (even though anyone, can just purchase a wing). That way, if I ever pulled next to a car, that looked like a Cobra R, sounded like a Cobra R, I wouln't be that stupid to race one.

Striped5.0 said:
No kidding thats what Im talking about. Even now people call the dubble stack saleen wing "Rice" WTF :bang: is wrong w/ people. That wing has been around since 1995 long before Rice and F&F was ever thought of. People dont call things ugly anymore its "ricy" and thats not right. Peoples perseption of rice is so far out of wack that its patahic.

Funny you should mention the Saleen double stacked wing...I got it on my 91 vert and A LOT of non-Mustang people think it's rice...it pisses me off cuz when I got the wing ricers where still in their dipers and now they are everywhere...that is why what one day was considered race only is now viewed as rice only...Back to the sujbect...the GT-R is a baddass car...I will take it with the wing and the carbon fiber hood anyday just so I can show the ricers what a real race car is and why thier cars are "rice" instaed or "race"...http://www.ponyr.com/customers/2162_Greg/Greg_2162.htm :rolleyes:

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Sweet stang :nice: Props for the wing, tell people to shove it if they call it rice b/c its not. I have a saleen wing myself but the single plane not the double stack. Cant wait to have it painted and Installed.

I'm glad that there are SOME people in here that arent so stubborn in their opinions of cars. Sometimes you have to look at the big picture and not compare everything to one of those imports. This is a totally different beast than an import. I dont understand how anyone can compare the two? :shrug:

And its funny cuz the people giving all this negative attention to it would probably be the first ones to run up to it, jaw to the floor and taking pictures if they were to see it on the streets. I could see them now posting on here...."OH MY GOD!! I JUST SAW THE GTR!!! "