OT: Today is the day!

Rootus

Officially Addicted
Feb 8, 2003
Portland, Oregon
I know you all care about this a lot, but ...

Today is JOB1 (beginning of full production) for the all-new fifth generation Mustang! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Pretty soon we're gonna see these on the streets. Better make sure your mods are in order, it'll take a little more effort to slap down a 300 horsepower 2005 Mustang GT than it did a 2004 :D.

Dave

• Sponsors (?)

yea but done they weigh more? I cant wait to see one in person. From the pictures there seems to be parts that I like and parts that I dont so I want to see the car in person before I make my final decision. Anyways... I'm not worried

1105 said:
yea but done they weigh more?
The number I hear for the GT is 3444.
I cant wait to see one in person. From the pictures there seems to be parts that I like and parts that I dont so I want to see the car in person before I make my final decision. Anyways... I'm not worried
Pictures don't do it justice -- I've seen it in person and I was :drool:. At least from the outside -- the interior is still :shrug:. Not sure if I care a lot for the design of the interior, but the quality IS much better than an SN95.

Dave

Ive sat in one. they are beautiful. Pictures really dont do it any justice. Im looking forward to handing one its ass when my HCI is done. My first victim is my dad, bc he is trading in his 03 cobra for an 05 gt. Its gonna be sweet! :nice:

17yrOldStanger said:
Ive sat in one. they are beautiful. Pictures really dont do it any justice. Im looking forward to handing one its ass when my HCI is done. My first victim is my dad, bc he is trading in his 03 cobra for an 05 gt. Its gonna be sweet! :nice:

he should keep the cobra

HairyCanary said:
I know you all care about this a lot, but ...

Today is JOB1 (beginning of full production) for the all-new fifth generation Mustang! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Pretty soon we're gonna see these on the streets. Better make sure your mods are in order, it'll take a little more effort to slap down a 300 horsepower 2005 Mustang GT than it did a 2004 :D.

Dave

Why is that? Aren't they rated for more HP fromt he factory?

17yrOldStanger said:
i told him to but he isnt phased by power at all. he got the cobra bc how mean it looked. he wants the 05 bc he is a classic kind of guy with upgraded tastes. hell, his money so whatever
but still... :nonono: Tell him to wait until the new cobra comes out

Wasn't there a rumor out that there was an 05 Mustang at a dragstrip in Michigan that was running 14's and trapping at 95-96mph? I'm not trying to make a point, and I know it was a prototype, I"m just asking.

zenboy99 said:
Wasn't there a rumor out that there was an 05 Mustang at a dragstrip in Michigan that was running 14's and trapping at 95-96mph? I'm not trying to make a point, and I know it was a prototype, I"m just asking.
Yes, there was even a video of it. I do not put much stock in that video, though -- it's very easy to drive a car to much less than its actual capabilities, I've seen 03 Cobras run 14.x quarter miles... doesn't mean they're slow :). Fact is, Ford won't overrate the car, in fact it will probably be slightly underrated (they've been burned badly before, and I expect it won't happen again for a long time). A 3444 car with 300 bhp is definitely a 13.x capable car. Think of it this way -- my car makes what, 365 at the crank, it weighs less than a 2005, and I can only get a 13.3 :jester:.

Dave

Joes95GT said:
Dave, when are you taking delivery of yours?
Never :)

I must not have mentioned it -- I decided to cancel my 05 GT order and wait a couple of years for the new Cobra. That's why I started some mods on my 95 again. I need to make it faster soon, or else -- I still get tempted by the 03 Cobras when I think about what they do with a KB and 20 psi of boost :banana:.

Dave