Fox output shaft seal

If you have wood...like two 2 by 4s you may be able to put them beside the shaft on each side screw one across the top and tap it. Kinda make a " H " pattern. Leave enough room to seat the seal without the bar or wood hitting the end of the shaft.
I was thinking how to wedge the wood in there I have to work outside so I'll be trying tomorrow waiting for ups to come

• Sponsors (?)

I was thinking how to wedge the wood in there I have to work outside so I'll be trying tomorrow waiting for ups to come
It doesn't have to be a 2x4 it could be a piece of square tubing....a square wood chair leg. Anything that has flat sides wide enough to lay on the seal metal flange and sticks out enough to get some clearance over the shaft.

I've got an idea...ask the local parts store if they'll loan you a ball joint remover / installer kit. It has a bunch of sizes of pipe type things and a metal disc that fits them. Usually, they loan tools for free...or you might have a refundable deposit.

.Every time I hit it flush then start tapping a side of the seal comes out,even if I'm pushing on one side and tapping the other side it never wants to go in
yes, thats what they do.... Just keep at it and eventually it will finally start.... DO NOT force it if its crooked... Take it out and start over again....

If you have wood...like two 2 by 4s you may be able to put them beside the shaft on each side screw one across the top and tap it. Kinda make a " H " pattern. Leave enough room to seat the seal without the bar or wood hitting the end of the shaft. You nay have to think outside the box.

20220824_234004.jpg

Those seals cam be one of the most frustrating things to do.
I never saw this drawing till now
yes, thats what they do.... Just keep at it and eventually it will finally start.... DO NOT force it if its crooked... Take it out and start over again....
It seems like I have a few extra if I mess any up. I always try to tap easy I have no swing room on jacks and they give me wicked bad anxiety laying underneath there on tar

So the 2 seals came in 1 was wrong but the other is correct and it's almost on just have to slow tap around the seal,I'm trying to find a small hammer to tap it with
And try number 1 fail. Since it has that little boot on the end the pipe I was using don't work now and a few other tools also won't work,going be digging for something to use

Attachments

• 20220825_181221.jpg
    20220825_181221.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: 1 user
Get some blue loctite from the parts store. You just need a little to put on those little bolts at the rear of the driveshaft. The blue loctite will allow you to get them back off if you need to.

Screenshot_20220825-234432_Chrome.jpg

Tap top, bottom, side to side, light taps to get it started, takes some patients. Don't need a pipe, they make an installation tool but I've never used one.
I used a PVC fitting to tap mine in. I believe it was 2”. May be worth bringing the seal to local hardware store and match it up. I’m thinking it will be shorter than the exhaust pipe you’re using and may give you more from to maneuver.

Edit: I should have read the rest of the thread before I posted. Glad you got it in.