oversized cam bearings

pazur

Jul 5, 2007
northern Virginia
My cam seems to be quite worn, not only cam journals but also cam bushing is eliptical (I call "bushing" an opening in the block in which cam rotates) so boring it will be necessary but I don't have oversized bearings 9on the other end I have new cam)

Can someone tell me if there is a place that sells oversized bearings and ship overseas at or near the cost of postage? I usually buy these from summit but they do not carry oversized ones. What is the largest extra size for sbf 302?

• Sponsors (?)

If the cam journals are worn that bad, it's time to replace both the bearings and the cam itself. I'd also be looking to see just what casued the wear too. Cam bearings just don't normally wear out, neither does the cam's journals.

Well I am going to replace cam and bearings but I need oversize bearings. The guy who is rebuilding said he had to bore the cam openings by at least +0.5 mm I guess 0.020" which is too much for standard size. About the wear, I am rebuilding a totaled engine, all the bearings were gone, crank and piston rod journals had to be resurfaced too, about 5 pistons were gone (cracked walls) but cam is more complicated as I have to have bearings with oversized outer diameter (not undersized inner diameter). Can I buy somewhere such bearing?

I've never heard of these bearings. Sonds to me like you really should ditch that block and start over with one in better shape. 302/5.0 blocks are too plentiful to try to do what you want.

I double checked what he wanted and you were right; he said he had to bore through the bearings to make sure they are not deformed after they are pressed to the block, so standard size will be OK thanks man