Parts For Mustang Ii Fastback '76 302cui V8

Consystor

Apr 14, 2017
Dear all,

I have a Fastback Mach 1 '76 with 302cui V8 and do not know where to get four parts for it. Therefore, I would like to ask if you maybe know the parts' names or numbers or someone who could have such parts and ship them within the US.

Many, many thanks for any help!

They parts are as follows:
  • A knob for moving the driver's seat forward as pictured here:
    download.jpg

• A hose as marked between the red lines here:
    download.jpg

With material for mounting the hose on the air filter box (see red circle).
    And also a filter with mounting material but only if this certain hose needs a filter inside the air filter box.
    I do not need the big round air filter.
  • A hose as marked by the red lines here:
    download.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Dear all,

I have a Fastback Mach 1 '76 with 302cui V8 and do not know where to get four parts for it. Therefore, I would like to ask if you maybe know the parts' names or numbers or someone who could have such parts and ship them within the US.

Many, many thanks for any help!

They parts are as follows:
  • A knob for moving the driver's seat forward as pictured here:
    download.jpg

• A hose as marked between the red lines here:
    download.jpg

With material for mounting the hose on the air filter box (see red circle).
    And also a filter with mounting material but only if this certain hose needs a filter inside the air filter box.
    I do not need the big round air filter.
  • A hose as marked by the red lines here:
    download.jpg
  • Plastic clip for the hood rod as pointed by arrow here:
    download.jpg
I just got off work and won't be home for about an hour and a half, but I can help with sources for two of those for sure and possibly a third when I get there.

Hood Prop Rod Clip: http://www.ebay.com/itm/74-75-76-77...ash=item19df4e5093:g:BWsAAMXQLw1R5Ldu&vxp=mtr (There's several other vendors with it, they're the cheapest, I paid $6 for mine from Altha Fastener on Ebay back in 2015, but didn't see a listing from them this morning.

The air cleaner intake hose is Dorman part number 96052. https://autoplicity.com/2544459-dorman-air-intake-hose-ford?gclid=CPXDyLyCpNMCFRu1wAodDcYLZw (Never done business with Autoplicity, don't know how they are to deal with.)
If that one's not available, BWD part number DH118 might fit (original application for it is the 1984 Tempo/Topaz with carbureted engine).

I think the clip that holds the hose from the evap canister (hose running to the driver's fender, which is where Ford put the charcoal canister on these cars) is in this assortment: http://www.dormanproducts.com/itemdetail.aspx?ProductID=23954&SEName=41114 As far as the hose itself, it'll be the wrong color (looks like you're keeping your car original), but Dorman sells 3/4" pre-heater hose that I think will work (unless I'm wrong on the diameter, that system was eliminated on my current II a long time ago and didn't work on the one before it, so I'm trying to remember!).

Oh that's really great! Both prop rod clips and the intake hose seem to be exactly the parts I need! Where did you get the Dorman part number from? :)
Yes, I try to keep it original.

Regarding the Breather Element Clip Assortment of your last link:
There is a hose mounted on the upper left side of the air filter box which has a clip from the assortment. Besides the clip one also needs a proper little plastic tube which can be mounted with that clip on the outer side of the air cleaner box. Then, the left hose (one cannot see on the picture) can be mounted on the little tube which has a small filter on the inner side of the air filter box:
download.jpg

So, do you think that the right hose (which I marked by the red lines) needs the same mounting material as the left hose?
If yes, does anyone maybe know the part number of that small plastic tube and the small filter with its belonging mounting material?

Oh that's really great! Both prop rod clips and the intake hose seem to be exactly the parts I need! Where did you get the Dorman part number from?
I've spent my entire adult life either working in parts stores, dealership parts departments, or turning wrenches in shops/dealership service departments. I'm sadly better at parts than any other job I've ever had (I hate parts). If it's out there, I can find it more often than not. Dorman's online catalog was being silly, so I had to do a little Google-fu to dig that one up. @RaggedGT calls me "The Parts Guru" for a reason...

I still have my original air cleaner from my '76 somewhere (hanging on to it in case I ever decided to go back to regular plates instead of antique plates on my car and have to get annual inspections again), I'll see if I can't find it later today or sometime tomorrow and get pictures of what's on that side of it.

Reactions: 1 user
I've spent my entire adult life either working in parts stores, dealership parts departments, or turning wrenches in shops/dealership service departments. I'm sadly better at parts than any other job I've ever had (I hate parts). If it's out there, I can find it more often than not. Dorman's online catalog was being silly, so I had to do a little Google-fu to dig that one up. @RaggedGT calls me "The Parts Guru" for a reason...
Oh, that seems reasonable! :) I'm really lucky to have written into this forum here!
I didn't think that I will get such good sort-termed answers! Thanks again for them!

I still have my original air cleaner from my '76 somewhere (hanging on to it in case I ever decided to go back to regular plates instead of antique plates on my car and have to get annual inspections again), I'll see if I can't find it later today or sometime tomorrow and get pictures of what's on that side of it.
I'd appreciate that very much!

Cool! That's quite interesting because I looked for pics of 302-V2 labeled air cleaners and they all looked differently.
But I've exactly this kind of hole where you plug in a tube with two hooks and turn it 90 degrees. So, now I feel reassured that nobody converted the air cleaner I have.

I guess that in my case someone replicated the tube with hooks because it doesn't fit the hole very well. That's one reason why I want to replace it.
The other one is that the used tube is several inches long and followed by another longer plastic tube - they are just taped together.
This makes the whole construction very inflexible and it looks crappy. So, I will keep looking for the right hose with mounting material.

Due to the help of you both it's the last part I currently need. :)
Thanks a lot for the pic!

Last edited: