paxton belt shredding need some help (pics)

SaleenGT2001

Jul 18, 2005
Four Oaks NC
is this spacer suppose to be behind the blower pulley? it was on there with the paxton pulley and did fine but with the RR pulley it is shredding belts about every 500 miles.
sc004Small.jpg

it is kinda hard to see but there is a washer that is about 1/8" thick behind the pulley.
sc001Small.jpg

i was also wondering what size pulley i need to order to get my boost back up from the IC drop. i have a 3.4 RR with a power pipe and i'm seeing 8-9 psi. i want to be between 11-12psi. i was at 11 psi with no IC and the stock 3.5 pulley. would a 3.1 be too much? how do you know what size pulley will give the pressure i want?

Attachments

• sc004Small.jpg
    sc004Small.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 66
  • sc001Small.jpg
    sc001Small.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 119
  • Sponsors (?)

Dan_Soprano said:
umm, it's not the tensioner. Look at the history. it was fine with the stock pulley, but when you switched to the RR unit, it started shredding. pulley is not aligned correctly.

correct, i skimmed over it & thought he was wanting a new pulley.

having said that, my 2nd bet is that the pulley is on backwards. paxton put mine on backwards directly from them & we'd like to never found the problem. it did exactly that, it jumped 1 rib, on that side, almost immediately. can you line it up & it look perfect, but when you start the car it starts to jump ribs? if it's not that, definately the spacer - assuming everything was put back on correctly after the pulley swap.

I think all S/C guys should have an electric WP so if a belt goes and your on your way to work, you can still drive there and put your spare on after work. Shredding belts would seriously worry me lol. I drive 45miles one way, and @ 5AM in the winter last think I need is a belt going haha. Probably be a good choice :)

Iv heard of RR pulleys shreding belts...people switch to a GI jo 8 rib or back to stock/vortec/procharger ect and solve the problem. I think the RRs are just too agressive, or some are not machined properly. But hey what do I know LOL...im a turbo guy. Just my guess :)

im gettint the novi 200 as well. lately, whenever i hear of a belt shredding it seems to be the novi. i dont know whats up with that.:shrug:

anyway, i thought the gi joe kit cams with the rr pullies? i hope not cause im going to order the gi joe kit.:D

ADRENLN said:
im gettint the novi 200 as well. lately, whenever i hear of a belt shredding it seems to be the novi. i dont know whats up with that.:shrug:

anyway, i thought the gi joe kit cams with the rr pullies? i hope not cause im going to order the gi joe kit.:D

well fwiw, they're pretty easy to do a belt change on :D after you do a few you get pretty efficient at it.